• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Free Trout

Rico

My God this getting ridiculous. This team isn't the pre-Strasburg/Harper Nats for F sake. They have a legitimate shot at winning the AL West and - this is shocking, I know - can still make moves to improve the club at pretty much any point before and during the baseball season. When did this board suddenly morph into my children?

Edited by mulwin444

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/12/10/mike-trout-trade-los-angeles-angels

Baseball's winter meetings see tons of names thrown around for potential trades, sometimes even the types of players generally considered untouchable.

One such player is reigning American League MVP Mike Trout, and Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto shockingly said Wednesday that he'd listen to trade offers for the young superstar.

Widely considered the best player in the game right now and signed to a very reasonable six-year, $144.5 million contract, you can understand why other teams would call the Angels inquiring about Trout's availability. You can also understand why Dipoto would say "no" no matter what the other team is offering.

#Angels Jerry Dipoto said he will listen to offers for Mike Trout. "I will wait till you're done, then say no. I opt not to be rude."

If you tried to trade him anytime before his walk year you will almost certainly be selling low on him or just outright getting robbed by the trading team. His value right now is basically impossible for another team to fill without completely stripping down their Major League club and Minor League System of their best players and prospects.

Mike Trout has an absurd surplus value. You could pay Mike Trout $400MM over 10 years and he'd still have surplus value.

Chuck is right above you only trade him if he hasn't signed another extension before his walk year and trade him before the season starts or at the trade deadline if the Angels are out of contention. God help us all if and when that day comes.

It's simple math people... we have no farm, we  are not a contender for anything aside from a one and out wildcard if all goes perfect.  You can solve almost all of those problems in one trade.  How  can you not at least consider it?

Its been done before in other sports and worked out well

I care more about the name on the front of the jersey than the back and if my choice is to watch the team languish, but at least i get to see Trout... or watch the org bet better for years to come... its a no brainer, it really is. 

Now you dont do it unless it is a kings ransom, but to not at least listen considering the current state of the org is absurd. 

It's simple math people... we have no farm, we  are not a contender for anything aside from a one and out wildcard if all goes perfect.  You can solve almost all of those problems in one trade.  How  can you not at least consider it?

Its been done before in other sports and worked out well

I care more about the name on the front of the jersey than the back and if my choice is to watch the team languish, but at least i get to see Trout... or watch the org bet better for years to come... its a no brainer, it really is. 

Now you dont do it unless it is a kings ransom, but to not at least listen considering the current state of the org is absurd. 

you do realize that Trout is entering his 24yo season in 2016?  

there isn't a team that could provide enough value to make it worth it.  On top of that, there isn't a player worth more in sheer monetary value.  

Trading Trout would be catastrophic to this franchise.  It would not recover for years.  If anything, they should already be in discussions about extending him beyond his current contract.  

He's got a legit chance to be one of the ten best players in the history of baseball.  You don't ever ever ever trade a player like that.  ever.  

from my own personal viewpoint, if they traded Trout, I would cease to be an Angel fan

You have no idea if it would result in a better team. Finishing 3 games out of 1st and 1 out of a WC spot isn't languishing.

Nor do you have any idea it wouldnt, but here is what we both know, we could get perhaps the biggest haul in baseball history if we went that route. 

We missed the post, thats all that matters really, we did not win the division, we didnt win anything but the kewpie doll for being the best team to miss the playoffs, yeah us.

I want the team to win, not watch Trout play great as we lose.

You are welcome to disagree but hanging our hat on being #11 isnt what i have in mind