• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rymer Liriano

Chuck

I think we should pick this guy up or make a trade to acquire him.

Padres designated OF Rymer Liriano for assignment.

Liriano has failed to gather momentum since being named a top-50 prospect a couple years ago, but it's a surprise that the Padres have decided to give up on him. He's still just 24 and batted .292/.383/.460 with 14 homers and 18 steals at Triple-A last season. He'll land on his feet elsewhere quickly, whether by waiver claim or trade.

Agreed. Said that in the hot stove thread. Former top 100 prospect, still just 24 years old....good power/speed combination. Never really got a fair shake in SD and that ballpark kills offensive potential anyway. Would love for the Angels to try and get this guy into the fold

why not.  the guy would be our best position player prospect immediately

We're not going to get him through waivers so a trade is going to have to happen.

I cannot think of another team that needs an outfielder more than us, so hopefully we can make a deal to acquire him. 

Good career minor league OBP, good amount of steals, good defense and some pop. 

Yes please. I've always liked Liriano.

I'm just not sure that we have anything they'd want. What tradeable assets we have are for positions for which they actually have decent coverage.

Nate Smith or hell, give them Salas. They need an RP after dealing their closer.

Except we're not exactly drowning in relief pitcher options, either.

Actually, we really are. Bedrosian, Morin and Rasmus are a dynamic young three. We have Mahle and Paredes on the way as well. But where the depth really resides is in the pitching that's being used as a starter but very clearly are relievers. DeLoach is a LOOGY, Austin Wood has a huge fastball, Alcantara should be a closer, Jeremy Rhoades profiles as a good middle reliever and Jake Jewell is filthy.

The Angels as currently constructed have 10+ young relievers that are either ready for the show or are within 3 years. So relief depth isn't a problem.