• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rymer Liriano

Chuck

Tossed Salad is not a 7th inning guy.

Bedrosian can't find the strike zone.

Morin is very inconsistent.

Rasmus has TJ concerns.

Blech!

Salas is decent

Bedrosian has the stuff to be a shutdown reliever and has shown glimpses in the big leagues.

Morin... see above

Rasmus has been solid and with the time off this offseason his arm should be in a good shape.

If two of the four are solid we're in good shape. 

To be fair, there really is no such thing as a "7th inning guy". Usually it's just whomever is available and/or sucks the least and/or Sosh has a "feeling".

But it sure would be nice to have another back-end guy. Yes homo.

Al Albercrackie is a decent back end guy too. 

Bedrosian performed well at the end of the season too, if I recall.

Everyone knocks Salas, but he fits his role well.

When the teams trailing, Salas Was usually the first one in late in the game. Sure, it's sort of a 'white flag' but more often than not the Angels are better off using up Salas and saving Smith/Street for games to preserve leads.

He only walked like 12 in 60-70 innings too I think. That's solid. He's a perfect 5th arm in the pen.

And that's the issue. We currently have a bunch of 5th to 7th arms to go with Street and Smith.

Not too different from the years where Dane De La Rosa appeared out of nowhere to be a good 3rd arm, or the year a rookie Mike Morin stepped up as a 7th inning option, or when a washed-up Jason Grilli turned into a useful piece.

I'm not thrilled about the results either; I think we should have signed one guy with Smith and Street both looking a little shaky last year, but obviously they didn't want to throw money at it.

With us fans having lowered expectations already I'm okay using the first part of the year to see which of these guys is actually capable of stepping up and filling the role.

I would love to have another arm in the pen, but you can do a lot worse than Al Al, Smith and Street to end the game, especially with the potential of Bedrosian and Morin. Would anyone be surprised if both of those guys turned out to be very good?

Morin should bounce back quite nicely. It's Rasmus that everyone and their mother are overlooking. He's been pretty outstanding when healthy. Combine those two together with Al Al and we should be in good position. If Bedrosian rounds into form then it's just going to be unfair.

But I think in real life, Street and Smith will probably be about the same as last year, which isn't close to as good as the year before. Morin will come back but he'll have an appearance or two of inconsistency here and there. Rasmus will come in and be nails. Bedrock is more of the same. Al Al just won't be that good. We'll be slightly better than last year.

So as it turns out, we could've acquired Rymer Liriano for any halfway decent RP in our system, and we chose to pass. Fantastic freakin job there Eppler and Crew.

I feel like Eppler is done and is no longer working unless he gets a tip on a cheap, mediocre peanut, that will not cost him a dime.

I feel like Eppler is done and is no longer working unless he gets a tip on a cheap, mediocre peanut, that will not cost him a dime.

I'm wondering if Eppler ever started? I have it on good authority that there was no back and forth between the Braves and Angels, it was an offer made over the phone and accepted later that day for Simmons. I don't classify signing a serious of very small moves like Nava, Gentry, Pennington and Soto working. That can be done in a day or two.

The part that confuses me is that we were more than willing to acquire Rey Navarro, a plethora of questionable RP and Jefry Marte off waivers but when it comes to Rymre Liriano or even Kyle Parker, we go silent?

This front office does everything with backwards logic and I've lost all patience with it. If you aren't trying to build a winner, you need to rebuild. The Angels seem content neither rebuilding or competing. I'm guessing because they both cost money and as we've recent learned with Arte from his yacht, it's all about the money. Rebuilding means less tickets sold which mean decreased revenue. Competing costs money via FA. We're stuck in the middle.

This front office does everything with backwards logic and I've lost all patience with it. If you aren't trying to build a winner, you need to rebuild. The Angels seem content neither rebuilding or competing. I'm guessing because they both cost money and as we've recent learned with Arte from his yacht, it's all about the money. Rebuilding means less tickets sold which mean decreased revenue. Competing costs money via FA. We're stuck in the middle.

I'm wondering if Eppler ever started? I have it on good authority that there was no back and forth between the Braves and Angels, it was an offer made over the phone and accepted later that day for Simmons. I don't classify signing a serious of very small moves like Nava, Gentry, Pennington and Soto working. That can be done in a day or two.

The part that confuses me is that we were more than willing to acquire Rey Navarro, a plethora of questionable RP and Jefry Marte off waivers but when it comes to Rymre Liriano or even Kyle Parker, we go silent?

Don't believe everything you hear ... good authority or not. Angels weren't the only team interested in Simmons. I get you not impressed with Eppler but he's a lot more knowledgable of the situation than any of the so called 'good authority' sayers.

Why would the Angels want to rebuild? We have a strong core group.

Don't believe everything you hear ... good authority or not. Angels weren't the only team interested in Simmons. I get you not impressed with Eppler but he's a lot more knowledgable of the situation than any of the so called 'good authority' sayers.

Why would the Angels want to rebuild? We have a strong core group.

He's right about how it went down with Atlanta.