• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bunch of whining children here

Erstad Grit

I just saw a child complaining their parent is the worst ever because they wouldn't buy them a toy at Target. That kid was clearly doing just fine based on their clothes and reaction from the mother.

This board is that whining brat.

2 teams are willing to go over the luxury tax and the Yankees have stopped spending in order to get away from it. Two teams.

Clamoring for Moreno to sell because he is unwilling to do this is beyond illogical.

You guys got what you wanted. You got Pujols, Wilson, Hamilton etc and it wasn't your money. Now you know why many of here hated that phrase, we knew the budget wasn't limitless, yet you mocked our caution.

Now Moreno is done spending and you can cry all you want but remember......it's not your money. In the real world organizations have budgets and Angel's is an extremely competitive one right now. Badly spent? Hell yes. That's how life works. My family ain't going on vacation until we pay off the car.

This team is better than last year which barely missed out.

3b-improved

SS- massively improved

2b- same

1b/dh- same (Cron better, Pujols regression)

OF- same, maybe slight regress or slight improvement (anyone is better than Joyce, maybe a tad down year for Trout/Kole?)

C-improve

SP-improve

BP- regress (Use the remaining budget for an arm)

Bench-massively improved

I like this team, while hoping we add a good bullpen piece.

How did you guys like the Angels during the 90's?

This is what you get for going to Target.

Walmart has much stronger characters and more interesting story lines.

Except it's re-writing history.

I'd estimate this board was about 90% for the Pujols deal, 90% for CJ, and 50% for Hamilton. Now looking backwards no one here wanted those deals. 

pujols was the good ferrari.  

While I appreciate you trying to turn this into something that isn't that bad, I would like to ask you a simple question.

What's the point?  

What is the point of making the team a little better.  Can you honestly say we have a legitimate chance to win the division?  If you believe that, then more power to ya.  You are far more optimistic than I, and i am generally the guy grabbing pom poms.  

Ridiculous thread. Arte is ultimately responsible for plummeting the minor league system into bottom of the league area annually. He's also responsible for all the big contracts for underperforming players he's signed

So either rebuild the right way or ****ing sack up and spend. Being in between when you have the best player in the league locked up is asanine

It's awful ownership to sign Pujols/Hamilton/Wilson and then give up after that because they didn't work out. We have the 30th ranked farm system in baseball. We aren't getting an impact player unless we spend. We aren't better than mediocre this year unless we spend

your analogy is horseshit.

we are willfully handing our money over to our parent and hoping for a nice swimming pool or something else that everyone can use. Instead, the parent buys a ferrari. He then proceeds to wrap it around a light pole and then blames the ferrari for being a ferrari so he gives it away to his neighbor.

so now we are willing to give him some more money to buy something cool for all of us. So he says he'll take our money, but he is still paying off that ferrari. Maybe in a couple of years he'll get us something nice with the money we contributed as long as we continue to give him money.

mine is a pretty crappy analogy as well, but it's closer.

Dad got promoted at work. Dad bought a delorean, one that couldnt go back in time, to show off to the neighbors. The delorean was the one that was driven by the inventor, who was arrested for cocaine sales.

Before that happened, dad got caught banging the 6 at work who does payroll and mom divorced him. She got the house and delorean in the divorce, dad blames our mom "the b*tch" for the fact he cant buy a new car. Now us kids are back to eating top ramen with the broth drained and calling it pasta like before dad got his promotion.

I just saw a child complaining their parent is the worst ever because they wouldn't buy them a toy at Target. That kid was clearly doing just fine based on their clothes and reaction from the mother.

This board is that whining brat.

2 teams are willing to go over the luxury tax and the Yankees have stopped spending in order to get away from it. Two teams.

Clamoring for Moreno to sell because he is unwilling to do this is beyond illogical.

You guys got what you wanted. You got Pujols, Wilson, Hamilton etc and it wasn't your money. Now you know why many of here hated that phrase, we knew the budget wasn't limitless, yet you mocked our caution.

Now Moreno is done spending and you can cry all you want but remember......it's not your money. In the real world organizations have budgets and Angel's is an extremely competitive one right now. Badly spent? Hell yes. That's how life works. My family ain't going on vacation until we pay off the car.

This team is better than last year which barely missed out.

3b-improved

SS- massively improved

2b- same

1b/dh- same (Cron better, Pujols regression)

OF- same, maybe slight regress or slight improvement (anyone is better than Joyce, maybe a tad down year for Trout/Kole?)

C-improve

SP-improve

BP- regress (Use the remaining budget for an arm)

Bench-massively improved

I like this team, while hoping we add a good bullpen piece.

How did you guys like the Angels during the 90's?

We had average LF production from Hamilton. Artery should not of run him off the team if he wasn't going to replace him.

I'm as disappointed in Arte's comments as everyone else here, but at least we now know the ground rules and a lot more about what is possible from a budgetary standpoint.  So where do we go from here?

Seems like we need to move some salary.  I can't see it happening with Wilson until he can be showcased.  It seems like Santiago is the guy on the trade bubble, I'm not sure what he is scheduled to get as an arb2, anybody know?  It would be nice to jettison Salas too.  It won't reduce our salaries, but it seems like Kubitza or Cowart are possible trading chips in a bundled package.

The two areas that stick out for upgrade (discounting LF) are second base and relief pitching.  Who is left to target?

You honestly think this team can compete with Houston and Texas? Let alone the rest of the league. Sorry I'm not stupid, this isn't a competitive team as is.

after the  first 25 games, the Astros  played .500 ball. We were 12 games  over .500 

so, yes,  I honestly think we can compete with them 

its disappointing to not pull down one of these guys.  Moreno said he wont spend for them at their current prices...we'll see what happens.  One assumes that we wont pull anyone down, but we shall see.  That all said, its not as big a disaster as a lot of you are saying, I agree with Erstad Grit on that point.  This team on paper probably isn't as good as Texas or Houston but if some things go right, especially in the rotation we should be right there and perhaps they'll surprise us.  I think we'll compete for the wild card.  Mostly, we've gotta hope that Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, and Shoemaker end up being what we hope they can.  A lot of question marks I know, and it could end up being pretty bad.  It could also end up being really great also though.   Lots of offseason left, lets just see what happens.

I'm as disappointed in Arte's comments as everyone else here, but at least we now know the ground rules and a lot more about what is possible from a budgetary standpoint.  So where do we go from here?

Seems like we need to move some salary.  I can't see it happening with Wilson until he can be showcased.  It seems like Santiago is the guy on the trade bubble, I'm not sure what he is scheduled to get as an arb2, anybody know?  It would be nice to jettison Salas too.  It won't reduce our salaries, but it seems like Kubitza or Cowart are possible trading chips in a bundled package.

The two areas that stick out for upgrade (discounting LF) are second base and relief pitching.  Who is left to target?

I think we need to be real cautious with those two(Cowart and Kubitza).  Both will potentially be needed as everyday players in the near term.  Not really anyone to replace them either.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I feel the irony of making a whining and bitching post to start a thread complaining about whiners and bitchers will be lost on the OP.

But you see, Erstad Grit loves playing the oh so mature momma gimmick -- telling off all the immature little boys and showing everybody how much of an enlightened, level headed Superfan she is. Totally ignoring the ad homs, 4th grade level analogies and flawed logic in her post.

But..you know, we're just whining children after all. Go Angels!

Edited by Halos of Anaheim