• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Left Field

Stradling

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna

Not ruling out Cespedes/Upton for #Angels, but MGR Mike Scioscia told me yesterday that strong preference is to add LH bat in LF.

As of now, #Angels have one LH hitter, Kole Calhoun, in lineup. So preference seems to be for Gordon, maybe Davis, or LH platoon player.

As of now, #Angels have one LH hitter, Kole Calhoun, in lineup. So preference seems to be for Gordon, maybe Davis, or LH platoon player.

Not my preference but of that group, if those are my choices, Gordon might be the best bet....I'd actually prefer Parra to Gordon....cheaper, no draft pick....Gordon is like Heyward....way overpaying for a so-so bat, too much hype about other aspects of his game (defense primarily) that inflates his price...but that's just me...

Edited by DMVol

I want no part of Davis. Upton or Gordon are my main preferences in that order. I think Upton is the better buy so I wish they'd just sign him based off that rather than "we need a LH bat". Want the Angels to sign the best players period. Of course, wouldn't be upset with Gordon since he is probably the best fit among the remaining OFers. Him or Span make the most sense if we are going by best fit

No I'm not in agreement with any long term mega deals. I'm saying that they will have to move Wilson to stay below the luxury tax. Arte said he would go over the luxury tax for that one special player. Umm Gordon is not that one special player.

And Arte said for the "right player". That can be construed a lot of different ways. It could be something as simple as the right fit for our team, or the guy that might be the most dynamic (Cespedes) and put people in the seats, or in years past it could have been for a guy that might work for a certain demographic, does Matsuiland ring a bell. I know that may be splitting hairs, but I see a distinction between special and right.

And Arte said for the "right player". That can be construed a lot of different ways. It could be something as simple as the right fit for our team, or the guy that might be the most dynamic (Cespedes) and put people in the seats, or in years past it could have been for a guy that might work for a certain demographic, does Matsuiland ring a bell. I know that may be splitting hairs, but I see a distinction between special and right.

Matsui costs the Angels $6M for one season. That's nor a fair comparison. Matsui was well worth that investment.

Matsui costs the Angels $6M for one season. That's nor a fair comparison. Matsui was well worth that investment.

I was using him as an example of the type of signing where Arte would make the signing regardless of salary cap because of the fans he would bring in.