• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels talking with Justin Upton's representatives

I'm not a fan of Upton, especially if it costs a lot.  If he signs cheep and we can still get Chris Davis, awesome.  If Upton is it, I don't see it helping much.  I think his career numbers are inflated by Arizona's ballpark.  His career away numbers are lackluster.

He did just as well in Atlanta, which is a pitcher's park in a relatively pitcher-heavy division.

****in' seriously. Who's running this shit show? 

I think Alden may have worded that incorrectly, because it implies that Arte and Co. haven't even explored their LF free agent options.

2015 (SD)  Home: .277/.360/.506  Away: .225/.312/.402

While I don't disagree with all your assessments here, this one is kind of irrelevant considering Petco is one of the biggest pitcher's parks in baseball. Guy likes to play at home. Most players do.

I am sure that Eppler's directive is to do whatever he can to improve the team to a reasonable level via trade or free agency without going over the luxury tax.  If they have exhausted other options, then Arte might give the go ahead depending on what has already been done.  

There are other holes to fill as well and several other options besides committing several years and over 100mil to one player.  Something he's been burnt on before.  

10, 15, 20 mil gets thrown around like it's monopoly money but if you are the guy who doesn't get to keep it at the end of the day, then it becomes a lot more real.  

Three GM's in a row have screwed Moreno out of hundreds of millions of dollars. Matthews Jr, Wells, Hamilton are probably three of the best reasons to take a little time making a choice.

True, but as Sanchez said, you'd think they'd already have confirmation on who we want and how much to spend before the process even starts. Seems ill prepared. But I'm not in a FO anywhere so who the heck knows I guess.