• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cliff Pennington to 2 year deal

Brent Maguire

Is the current lack of championship talent directly related to the lack of production by our highest paid players? You can see that 2/3 of the budget is for Weaver, Wilson, Pujols and Texas Hamilton so is that why Arte now needs to dig deeper to stay competitive?

Just because they got burned by free agent signings doesn't mean they just avoid going that route now. Remember, we lose Weaver and WIlson's contracts after 2016 and Hamilton after 2017. A rebuild with the farm system the Angels have would take 3-4 years most likely to bet better. Is that worth it? 

Just because they got burned by free agent signings doesn't mean they just avoid going that route now. Remember, we lose Weaver and WIlson's contracts after 2016 and Hamilton after 2017. A rebuild with the farm system the Angels have would take 3-4 years most likely to bet better. Is that worth it?

I understand that every fan of every team in Major League Baseball has high expectations of the team they cheer for. Arte Moreno has spent $852,409,866 in salaries since their last playoff victory. We've seen numerous mega-year over pays since that time so that plan hasn't worked very well. I think it's incredible that people expect Arte to spend more and more money each year and if they lose the answer is to spend even more. I hope Arte just lets the GM build a team through creativity because trying to buy a championship hasn't worked out very well. The highest paid player on the Royals last season made $14M so anything is possible with solid managing.

I understand that every fan of every team in Major League Baseball has high expectations of the team they cheer for. Arte Moreno has spent $852,409,866 in salaries since their last playoff victory. We've seen numerous mega-year over pays since that time so that plan hasn't worked very well. I think it's incredible that people expect Arte to spend more and more money each year and if they lose the answer is to spend even more. I hope Arte just lets the GM build a team through creativity because trying to buy a championship hasn't worked out very well. The highest paid player on the Royals last season made $14M so anything is possible with solid managing.

Yes after sucking for 30 years

The "after 30 years" argument does not hold water because the players on the Royals World Series team have not been there for that long. Obviously the Royals did not do well for a long time, but what about the Angels since 2002 suggests that they have done any better in the last 13 years?

Yes after sucking for 30 years

They have one more championship than Arte and they accomplished that with a lot less resources. Ned Yost has more playoff wins under his belt the past two seasons than Scioscia has since he started Managing. I still think that we have a competitive team if everybody does their job. I think Eppler has a plan that may not necessarily satisfy everybody's need to spend like a drunken sailor. Scioscia needs to get the most out his team like Yost and Bochy.

They have one more championship than Arte and they accomplished that with a lot less resources. Ned Yost has more playoff wins under his belt the past two seasons than Scioscia has since he started Managing. I still think that we have a competitive team if everybody does their job. I think Eppler has a plan that may not necessarily satisfy everybody's need to spend like a drunken sailor. Scioscia needs to get the most out his team like Yost and Bochy.

Did you feel this way coming into 2015? Or during that woeful August?

The "after 30 years" argument does not hold water because the players on the Royals World Series team have not been there for that long. Obviously the Royals did not do well for a long time, but what about the Angels since 2002 suggests that they have done any better in the last 13 years?

The lack of top five picks in the draft.

They have less money not less resources. Resources as far as talent comes in spades when you're constantly drafting in the top 5 of the draft. Also you have ZERO idea what Eppler is going to do as it relates to spending money, you are merely going on a hunch. Eppler himself has said they aren't afraid to spend money.

Did you feel this way coming into 2015? Or during that woeful August?

Eppler just said in an MLB.com interview that this team has a lot of fight. He also said that they aren't necessarily looking at the big fish and quickly pointed to minor league free agents. That doesn't look like a big spending plan to me. I support that mindset.

They have less money not less resources. Resources as far as talent comes in spades when you're constantly drafting in the top 5 of the draft. Also you have ZERO idea what Eppler is going to do as it relates to spending money, you are merely going on a hunch. Eppler himself has said they aren't afraid to spend money.

Eppler's interview today kinda supports my hunch.

Eppler just said in an MLB.com interview that this team has a lot of fight. He also said that they aren't necessarily looking at the big fish and quickly pointed to minor league free agents. That doesn't look like a big spending plan to me. I support that mindset.

You support dumpster diving?

BTW, dipoto did pretty much the same thing while he was here