• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is there any hope for Simmons' bat?

So there's no history of NL players coming to the AL and struggling? Come on, bro.

He's also moving to one of the most pitcher friendly parks and divisions in baseball

Atlanta is a pitcher's park. And the NL East is a pitcher's division.

Not as extreme as the AL West, but still not a hitter's paradise. And since he doesn't hit for power, it isn't going to be that big of a deal. Also It's not like he faced a bunch of scrub pitchers in the NL.

Also, Vladdy did fine coming to the AL. Adam Dunn had the one abysmal season, but was pretty good in the AL otherwise. Jose Altuve has actually gotten significantly better since the Astros came to the AL. Edwin Encarnacion, Prince Fielder, Adrian Beltre, Miguel Cabrera, Adam Eaton, J.D. Martinez, Brian Mccann, etc... all did well in the AL after coming from the NL.

Take away his fluke 2013 season, and his offensive production the past two years has been well below average

Compared to every other hitter in baseball, yeah. He's still managed a 1.4 total oWAR the past two years.

For his position, he's about average offensively.

If you don't think a 26 year old can improve their offense, then that's your prerogative. However I'm going to be optimistic and think that he will. And if he doesn't, he is still an average hitter for the position and flat out the best defensive player in the game. I can live with that.

Convince me of what?

As I asked when you dismissed my same explanation before - what methodology are you using to say that Aybar is still an above average defensive shortstop? Eye test, defensive metrics that I'm not seeing? Not being stubborn, would just appreciate to understand the logic behind your belief.