• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels officially have the worst farmsystem in baseball

NrM

If the big club is winning for the next 5 years, who gives a sh**? The Angels need to focus on the here and now with Trout.

That was the plan 4 ****ing years ago when they signed Pujols.

That window is closing super fast. Soon we're going to be left with Trout and AAAA Players.

Edited by Poozy

That window is closing super fast. Soon we're going to be left with Trout and AAAA Players.

Not likely -- we don't have the position players in the farm system to field a full defense with AAAA quality players unless the new front office starts drafting a lot better.

I'm pissed the Angels gave up what the did, but clearly the plan is to have a young core of talent for the next 4-5 years. Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Perez. Add Heyward on top of that and things start looking a lot better.

I'm pissed the Angels gave up what the did, but clearly the plan is to have a young core of talent for the next 4-5 years. Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Perez. Add Heyward on top of that and things start looking a lot better.

That is not an impressive young core imo.  Heaney, Skaggs, and Perez are just as likely to implode as they are to succeed.

Edited by Poozy

I love Simmons' defense, heck who doesn't.

BUT, trading Newcomb AND Ellis was a bit extreme. 

However, I am not going to go overboard on this.    They must have thought they had too many lefty starters, and couldn't package Santiago or Wilson in any trade. 

Pitching wise, this still leaves Richards, Wilson, Heaney, Santiago, Weave, Tropeano, Skaggs, and Nate Smith for 2016.

They must be pursuing a rock solid righty starter now, because after Weave leaves soon that only leaves Richards and Tropeano from the right side with Ellis traded, and NO other real righty starter prospects in the minors above low-A ball.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I love Simmons' defense, heck who doesn't.

BUT, trading Newcomb AND Ellis was a bit extreme. 

However, I am not going to go overboard on this.    They must have thought they had too many lefty starters, and couldn't package Santiago or Wilson in any trade. 

Pitching wise, this still leaves Richards, Wilson, Heaney, Santiago, Weave, Tropeano, and Skaggs for 2016.

They must be pursuing a rock solid righty starter now, because after Weave leaves soon that only leaves Richards and Tropeano from the right side with Ellis traded, and NO other righty starters in the minors above low-A ball.

The pitching looks like crap now that we don't have Newcomb waiting in the wings.

All I see is a bunch of 4 and 5 starters..... and richards...

Edited by Poozy

Eppler is going to go all in this offseason. He's going to build a young club through trades and FA that can remain competitive over the next few seasons, and begin aggressively tackling the farm next year.

His scouts, his staff, his philosophies. Actually not surprised at all that he's trading away Dipoto era folks.

Edited by totdprods

Our scouts suck. Thats the real problem with the farm. Its not about signing free agents or any of that shit. The scouts are not getting it done in the draft and the international scouting is non existent. This is why our farm sucks.

Starting to think Eppler's Yankee background and the interest in international scouting will start carrying over here. Yanks were always good at building a farm that they traded from like crazy, and still have stayed competitive.

Starting to think Eppler's Yankee background and the interest in international scouting will start carrying over here. Yanks were always good at building a farm that they traded from like crazy, and still have stayed competitive.

They haven't really made many trades. Their big acquisitions have come through free agency. 

They've just been shitty at developing MLB players.

Edited by Poozy