• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama rejects Keystone XL

You know what has a meaningful long-term contribution to our economy?

War

That depends. Compare World War 2 in which the entire country was mobilized around war to the post-911 war, which has left the US in deep debt.

Perhaps the best thing to boost the economy would be an alien invasion.

That depends. Compare World War 2 in which the entire country was mobilized around war to the post-911 war, which has left the US in deep debt.

Perhaps the best thing to boost the economy would be an alien invasion.

Per Red circa 2012 or 2013 the debt is fake

What's wrong with a short-term contribution to the economy?

Nothing, unless it has a negative long-term impact.

I think part of the criticism of the pipeline is not only environmental impact, but the fact that the number of jobs it would supposedly create has been vastly overstated. One study I read said it would involve only 5-6,000 new jobs, which is a drop in the bucket.

Another thing is that it opens the door to further reliance on fossil fuels rather than focusing on developing alternate solutions, both through reduction in carbon imprint and developing green technologies.

Another thing is that it opens the door to further reliance on fossil fuels rather than focusing on developing alternate solutions, both through reduction in carbon imprint and developing green technologies.

slippery slope!

Nothing, unless it has a negative long-term impact.

I think part of the criticism of the pipeline is not only environmental impact, but the fact that the number of jobs it would supposedly create has been vastly overstated. One study I read said it would involve only 5-6,000 new jobs, which is a drop in the bucket.

There's too much power in oil for any American politicians to truly want to develop alternate solutions. 

which has a totally different meaning than saying the debt is fake

the debt is fake sounds like someone talking about pyramids, or denying climate change...crazy talk

I've got a good memory. I think YK ran with Fake Debt for a few weeks. My bad, homey. I love you. 

Interesting I was listening to Obama's remarks on rejecting the pipeline.

Paraphrasing, he essentially said, "these are the reasons the State Department rejected the pipeline" and then gave as the #1 reason, "no meaningful long-term benefit to the economy."

Sounds like bullshit to me.