• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Gathering of Old White People

Having to step down as Secretary of State? What alternative history books have you been reading?

What alternative books are you reading? She handed in her resignation. That is stepping down from a position and I was being kind in saying it was of her own volition. 

In most administrations you see cabinet officials from the first administration resign prior to the second to move on to other things...like preparing to run for president in Clinton's case. You know, like Colin Powell serving 4 years and then..."stepping down"...for GW and then Condolezza Rice filling the position in the second term.

I know it's hard to believe...but lots of people don't think she was the worst Secretary of State in the history of the US...and that she didn't personally pull the trigger in Benghazi....shhh...don't tell.

feel free to provide a link for that assertion (that Clinton was told to quit)

Red you are being disingenuous and from everything you've posted in the JC Poli Sci forum you are not a stupid guy so let's just agree she stepped down from the position like I had posted the first time so we don't have to play the link game of every speculation and cover story that leads back to the starting place. You want her to be guilt free and the first woman president, I want her to go away with the rest of the Clinton and Bush families. 

Red you are being disingenuous and from everything you've posted in the JC Poli Sci forum you are not a stupid guy so let's just agree she stepped down from the position like I had posted the first time so we don't have to play the link game of every speculation and cover story that leads back to the starting place. You want her to be guilt free and the first woman president, I want her to go away with the rest of the Clinton and Bush families. 

Notti,

You made the assertion she was forced to step down from her position.

That assertion is not backed up by any facts or reputable sources. There is no agreement that she "had to step down", because that is a figment of your imagination.

PS. you don't actually know who I'm supporting, though I fully expect her to be the Democratic nominee and have no qualms about supporting her in the general election at this time

Notti,

You made the assertion she was forced to step down from her position.

That assertion is not backed up by any facts or reputable sources. There is no agreement that she "had to step down", because that is a figment of your imagination.

PS. you don't actually know who I'm supporting, though I fully expect her to be the Democratic nominee and have no qualms about supporting her in the general election at this time

Red, the facts are she was political poison and I don't want to play the game of your source is less reputable than my source. You and I both know she was forced out and for political reasons but also because as we are finding out with her private email server, she couldn't play within the rules and was a  loose cannon. Hillary was a ticking time bomb for Obama and he cut her loose. Any sensible President would have done the same. 

Red, the facts are she was political poison and I don't want to play the game of your source is less reputable than my source. You and I both know she was forced out and for political reasons but also because as we are finding out with her private email server, she couldn't play within the rules and was a  loose cannon. Hillary was a ticking time bomb for Obama and he cut her loose. Any sensible President would have done the same. 

laugh...just find a reputable source that states that...just one. 

I tried to find one for you and couldn't...

At the time she resigned she was one of the most popular Democrats out there.From the beginning she was slated to be in the role for 4 years, it's fairly standard for cabinet members. Her resignation was expected so she could clear the slate to run for president starting two years later. But if it makes you feel better, by all means, go ahead and create your narrative

I think O'Malley missed his oportunity to differentiate himself, although he did bring up what he did as governor of Maryland (which was good...showing his experience as an executive). I wanted to hear more about his clean electrical grid program, but he didn't elaborate, although he wasn't given the opportunity to, since the debate was mainly Bernie & Hillary (and Webb whining about it being basically Bernie & Hillary).

Honestly, I doubt Chafee & Webb are still even in the race come New Hampshire.

Hillary was actually surprisingly composed, but I don't know if it was smart for Bernie to throw her a bone with the "enough about your damn emails" comment.

Hillary's comment about the NRA is gonna hurt her in the general, even though I think she's right about it.

Chafee blew it when he tried to answer the question about his vote on the repeal of Glass-Steagall. His blubbering excuse will doom his candidacy.

Edited by Mark68

Bernie doesn't have to give Hillary shit about the emails...plenty of people to do that for him. His statement will end up being the big quotable piece from the debate which gives him more exposure and regardless of his point, reminds the public about the emails.

No, I didn't think he had to give her shit, but he'd have been better served, I think, by not mentioning them at all. Probably because I'm already tired of hearing about her damn emails.

LOL