• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Greediest Place on Earth?

Tank

I rather pay more and have less people...anywhere.

well, that's the thing. the increase in price over the years has done nothing to reduce the size of the crowds. it's a nice problem to have (having a full park nearly every single day).

I went to Disneyland on Sunday, August 30. I was shocked at how reasonable the crowds were. At around noon, the line for Thunder Mountain was ten minutes. Pirates was about 15.

I hadn't been to Disneyland in almost four years, and am surprised at what I am hearing about crowds.

well, that's the thing. the increase in price over the years has done nothing to reduce the size of the crowds. it's a nice problem to have (having a full park nearly every single day).

yeah, i didnt go to disneyland for probably 15 years or more. A girl i was dating had a pass so i wrnt a few times and was floored how much tickets were (they were like 50 bucks in the 90s). Now its like 200 for a day...and the place is swamped...with people who dont look like they can afford 200 bucks for a day....

I usually attend the ExpoWest Natural products trade show every March at the Anaheim Convention Center. I have to say that Disneyland does a great job offering discount passes for family members of the attendees, as well as after 5 passes so you can go at night after the show closes.

It is packed though.

It's apparent that the previous price increase was not enough. The prob with season pass holders is that they spend the least on souvenirs and food once in the park. 

I wouldn't go to Disney for free if it were anywhere near capacity. But if they can promise to cap the attendance at half, I'll gladly pay double the entrance fee. 

Edited by CF8

My brother started at Disney the same year I started with INO. He could sign me in if I ever want to go. I've had annual passes when my kids were younger, but didn't really enjoy it. It was Disneyland that made me realize I have a problem with crowds. The only places I really don't mind lots of people in small amounts of space are at the stadium (probably because I've done this all my life and have a designated place to sit) and at work because I can manage the flow of the people. I'm torn on this one to be honest. I would like kids to get to experience Disney the way it was intended, which will never happen again. I'm guessing Walt Disney was imagining a place for parents to take their kids that would be almost like a leisurely stroll with mesmerizing sites at each turn. From a purely selfish reason I'd like them to raise prices so much that when I buy tickets or annual passes I can just enjoy myself and not worry about hour long waits in lines.

Disneyland should bring back the lettered tickets.

My older brother had a friend who worked at tge park during that time and gave us a bag full of every type of ticket. We had about 50 E tickets along with every other type and no money but sold part of them for food and drinks. We felt like kings for one day. Edited by notti

My brother started at Disney the same year I started with INO. He could sign me in if I ever want to go. I've had annual passes when my kids were younger, but didn't really enjoy it. It was Disneyland that made me realize I have a problem with crowds. The only places I really don't mind lots of people in small amounts of space are at the stadium (probably because I've done this all my life and have a designated place to sit) and at work because I can manage the flow of the people. I'm torn on this one to be honest. I would like kids to get to experience Disney the way it was intended, which will never happen again. I'm guessing Walt Disney was imagining a place for parents to take their kids that would be almost like a leisurely stroll with mesmerizing sites at each turn. From a purely selfish reason I'd like them to raise prices so much that when I buy tickets or annual passes I can just enjoy myself and not worry about hour long waits in lines.

Take a day off work and go on a Tuesday or Wednesday in early December. The place will be empty.

• 3 years later...
On 10/6/2015 at 1:30 PM, NJHalo said:

We have annual passes for Walt Disney World in Florida, and paid $400 a piece for them in April. I own a place down there, and go a few times a year, so it always paid for itself. It is up to $797 now. Double the price.

Prices are crazy now. $105/day to get in the Magic Kingdom!

@NJHalo Do you guys still have your annual passes? 

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/big-annual-pass-price-increase-disney-world/

18 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

No, we let them go a year or two ago. Kids are getting older and busier, so we don't get down there as often as we used to.

We are going to Disneyland for three days (July 7-10th) on the way to Aulani. Hoping the crowds aren't as scary as they are predicting with the opening of Star Wars land.