• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels notes: Freese said " a lot of things have to happen on both sides" to remain with Angels

I don't think we'll see Freese in a Halos uni in 2016.

he came on a bit in September -- but for most of his Halos career has been a disappointment -- started out very slowly for us when he first came over, was hurt a lot and defensively has been mediocre to average at third base.............he's also not a very good (certainly no speed) base runner.

I just don't see him on the Halos roster next year.

One scenario that I have heard from several scouts is that the Angels will try to set themselves up at 3B looking to sign Arrenado in 3 years when he can become a FA. He's a local kid, went to El Toro High School, supposedly wants to return, and wants to play for a contender. Just something to consider when looking at how to fill 3B.

Freese will benefit from the thin 3B market this year. Most scouts think he will get 2 years and an option, but 3 years guaranteed would seal the deal.

A lot of strategic things can happen between now and then.  Eppler can make a trade.  He could have faith in Cowart to progress.  Longshot, but he could even offer Freese a Qualifying Offer.  2.7 War, best in the FA market for 3B.  Could be a gamble, but only a one year one.  

It'll be an interesting decision, and will give us an idea of the direction our new GM wants to go.

One scenario that I have heard from several scouts is that the Angels will try to set themselves up at 3B looking to sign Arrenado in 3 years when he can become a FA. He's a local kid, went to El Toro High School, supposedly wants to return, and wants to play for a contender. Just something to consider when looking at how to fill 3B.

Freese will benefit from the thin 3B market this year. Most scouts think he will get 2 years and an option, but 3 years guaranteed would seal the deal.

the dodgers would outbid us along with the rest of the mlb

I thought about how he might be an asset next year then the clown school play the last two games reminded me of what a truly lousy defender he is and his overall stats as a hitter just can't justify it. If he were Cowarts age and on MLB minimum then you stick with him and have him work on his defense but the guy is too old to learn how to field a position, his talent is maxed out and the ceiling was really low.

There could be a 3rd option, though I'm not sure how feasible it is.....Juan Uribe's #'s were comparable to Freese's this year and you might get him on a one year deal.....if he flops or gets hurt or either Cowart or Kubitza look really ready, you're not out a bunch of money to cut him loose or trade him...I would consider a 2 year deal for Freese but not 3....if it has to be 3  years, you take your chances with Kubitza/Cowart or try something else....

Give him a QO at the least. If he takes it, then we have him for one more year, if not, we get an extra pick. I'd like to see him come back, because if you look at the Angels' record when he was out, it was putrid. He hit .308 after coming back. At the very least, he gives us an option to extend the lineup, and can give Kubitza and/or Cowart at least another year to develop. Yeah, he's not great defensively, which is why you keep a Kubitza/Cowart option available on the roster for late-inning defensive purposes.

Give him a QO at the least. If he takes it, then we have him for one more year, if not, we get an extra pick. I'd like to see him come back, because if you look at the Angels' record when he was out, it was putrid. He hit .308 after coming back. At the very least, he gives us an option to extend the lineup, and can give Kubitza and/or Cowart at least another year to develop. Yeah, he's not great defensively, which is why you keep a Kubitza/Cowart option available on the roster for late-inning defensive purposes.

No....Freese made 6 million this year and the QO projects to be something around 15 million....

I'm fine bringing back Freese for anything in the 2/20 range but I think he will get a lot more than that considering the 3B options on the market.

If that is the case, I'd rather give Cowart/Kubitza a chance and spend on a top tier LF that can play everyday. I definitely don't want to see Kubitza/Cowart at 3B with Murphy in LF.

He's going into his 33yo season.  He's a poor defender and has been slightly above average on offense.  

There is no way in hell I would pay David Freese 15million dollars next year.  

That said, none of our internal options are going to have a 100-110 OPS+ next year.  

Still like bringing in Uribe for a year.