• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

Someone mentioned in the GD thread that Choo and Fielder have good career numbers against Ramos. I don't care enough to look them up, but if true that would be a pretty bad decision to bring him in no?

Yep, I just saw. Choo 3-6, Fielder 3-5 1hr. Lefties hitting Ramos for .270+

Will this get glossed over as well?

If a pitcher is "known to fail" then why is he on the roster?

You tell me. I don't know how they have jobs. There should be plenty of players who are out of work that could probably do better. Same goes for hitters. Why do we have so many that are at or below the Mendoza line? That should be unacceptable in the majors.

Can't wait for the new puppet to be hired, and then announce that Scioscia and his coaching staff will all be back.

Not only will he be back, I have a feeling he'll be back with a new 3 year extension. His "reward" for not exercising his out clause. He seems to have that much of Arte's trust.

Yep, I just saw. Choo 3-6, Fielder 3-5 1hr. Lefties hitting Ramos for .270+

Will this get glossed over as well?

Looks like the coaching staff is completely ignorant to statistics. Unbelievable.

It's been this way since Joe Madden left.

ok, but that is one of the most basic statistics out there. How can they be oblivious to career numbers against Ramos?

How do they determine which reliever to put in? Gut feeling?

Edited by failos

I don't think they need to fire Scioscia because of today.  But I think they need to fire him so the new GM can get his own people in here, including coaching staff.  The Rangers were the worst team in the AL last year and they hired a new manager and won the AL West.  I think it's time for new blood in the front office and in the dugout.

ok, but that is one of the most basic statistics out there. How can they be oblivious to career numbers against Ramos?

How do they determine which reliever to put in? Gut feeling?

I have a feeling Scioscia is still traumatized by 7th grade math. 

The people who reject statistics fail to realize that in many cases, numbers are just a better way to illustrate a point. 

The way you defend Scioscia at all costs is beginning to get creepy. And, no, I don't think Scioscia is completely bad either.

I defend Scioscia against shitty logic. This team played way above its head yet you guys nitpick the losses and place blame on Scioscia. Show me one other team that was this close to the playoffs and had below average offense and defense. I say that is because the manager helped keep them in it, you look at losses and say he is the reason for those losses.

For the millionth time, I am fine with new management, I have also gone on record saying I don't expect him back.

He quit because he had a wonderful working relationship with Scioscia?

No he quit because he lost the respect of his team and if you read between the lines in the recent Scioscia interview he basically said that Dipoto was a poor communicator, which I have also heard.

Scott Servais is in the organization. If he doesn't get the GM job, I'd love to see him manage.

The guy is sharp and was a catcher...I don't know if he would want to be back on the field after years in a FO position, but he would be an in house option I would be really happy about.