• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This series: Vin or Victor?

I'm surprised to see as many comments about what Scully is saying.

I don't have TWCSportsnet so I don't have the option but it sure seems like quite a few people here opt for Vin and his broadcast over ours.

Is it because it's Vin, or do you prefer alternate coverage instead of ours.

And what other teams would you prefer the broadcasts to ours.

I would rather hear the Hawk and Stone (W Sox), Orsillo and Remy (R Sox), Kay, Singleton and Cone (Yankees), Kuiper and Krukow (Giants) and Phys and Hud (Royals) and Enberg (Padres) over our guys. I also liked George Grande in Cincy, but I'm not sure he still does the TV. I think his son might.

I know I don't like the Rays or Tigers broadcasts.

And this is not a slam on Victor (so save the posts about me targeting him.). Its the whole product I like a break from, the same 18 commercials, Gubi, the same crappy Fox music ins and outs and the lame and tired in-game promos.

It's because any chance I can get to listen to Vin Scully call an Angels game, I have to take advantage of that. I really believe the guy is a National treasure. I always learn something when I listen to him call the game.

Also F#%K the Dodgers.

Easiest guess the OP ever. Oh I listened to Vic because I have Directv. I would have listened to Vin because I won't have many chances to hear him. I also won't go through the hassle of watching a game and listening on a different device.

Strad you really don't have to be an asshole 24/7. You're like a child with this. I think I'll just stop posting here, since it's all such a rehash for you. Good fùcking God.

It's because any chance I can get to listen to Vin Scully call an Angels game, I have to take advantage of that. I really believe the guy is a National treasure. I always learn something when I listen to him call the game.

Also F#%K the Dodgers.

Thanks. I respect Vin, but I don't care for him. However I've softened my anti-Dodgers stance over the years after meeting and interacting with Tommy a couple of times.

I agree he's a national treasure.

What the hell Soto. I wasn't bashing you. It was an easy guess the OP because of your recent issue with Victor big deal. Then I answered your ****ing question. I am not like a lot of you where I am so passionate or so bothered by announcers that I would go out of my way to set up a secondary method of listening to a game. I have directv and since you're knowledgable on this kind of stuff I can only assume you know that directv doesn't carry the dodger station.

That's funny. I wasn't playing the "Guess the OP" game. But since you've become quite the IEBRUIN, it's your duty to come in here and post crap like that.

I had one topic with Victor and I became the poster child of Rojas-bashers, and in this post I try to defuse any attempt to make it an anti-victor thread and you still have to make the snide remarks.

And since you are aware that I'm a media person, why would it be strange for me to ask this type of question? And if it was so apparent that I'm the OP, why make the statement? You choose to be rhetorical at 7:00a?

I suppose you make me not want to participate anymore here. So many topics are uncouth and redundant. They don't meet you always-fresh, never-frozen standards.

I guess dialogue here is unimportant. Being jumped on is what counts, and more specifically being the first person to bounce is especially intoxicating here.

Shame on me for valuing your opinion or others' opinions here regarding broadcast teams and overall coverage value from other networks.

Have your Stradling-utopia, where every post can be met with your quick rebuttal and work on honing your argumentative narrative.

I'll go back to the Locker, where anyone (except Nate) has a valued opinion and we can discuss without playing petty Internet funny guy/Internet tough guy / troll games.

I relinquish my main board hall pass to you Scott Brady. You're on patrol.

Edited by SOTO

I grew up hearing Vin Scully more than the revolving door of Angels TV announcers. The Dodgers had more televised games so his voice was more often the voice of baseball and he always got it right. So right he rarely had the company of a Color Commentator, there was no need, Scully was always prepared. He is comfort food for the ears when it comes to baseball.

The duos other teams chose to use is to make up for the lacking of the play by play announcer. If you would imagine Rojas or Smith doing the entire broadcast solo it isn't a pretty picture. So they need a buffer to take some of the talk time away and it falls on guys that are paid to pose as experts when often then are just running their mouths and offering little insight.

I'd rather listen to Vin over Rojas and Goober but Time Warner decided that only Dodger fans within their cable network will be the only ones that get to. Which means most Dodger fans won't get to listen to him as well. I guess as an Angels fan there is that to hold over them.

Vin.  He just brings so much to the broadcast, even in his declining years.  And not just on the Dodgers.  He will have stories of players on other teams.  Yeah, he will repeat himself on these stories often.  But he makes the game flow with his stories and next thing you know, the inning is over and he takes a break.  

As announcers go, I really don't think even the greats like Hearn, Carey, Enberg, Michels, etc can even touch him.

I have Direct TV, so didn't hear Vin, but I heard him on the MLB channel highlights.

His voice sounded bad.  Sounded old (I hope it was a cold).  Its a problem of course that all old announcers get, but thusfar, his voice has sounded pretty fresh.

The "old" voice is a bad problem for a pbp.  Think Pat Summerall in his last years on air.

Well for me it's radio.  There's a Dodgers affiliate in Fresno.  There's an Angels affiliate in... Chino Hills.  (under correct atmospheric conditions I can pick up 830 in my car, but only around sunset, and only if I'm in the south-facing hills).  No contest.