• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former #1 Pick Jared Mitchell Thriving in AAA

Chuck

.292/.382/.500

2 HR, 4 Doubles and 4 SB's over 13 games.

Wouldn't be awesome if this talented toolsy outfielder realized his talent and put it all together for the Halos? Worst case scenario, due to his speed, he could be a Chone Figgins type for us in September. 

Mitchell attended Westgate High School, where Baseball America picked him as the No. 3 high school athlete and 43rd-best overall high school baseball prospect in the nation for 2006.

Mitchell turned down a $700,000 signing bonus from the Minnesota Twins[1] in order to attend LSU after being selected by the club in the 10th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft.

"They came at me hard but kept [the offer] around the same as the original," Mitchell said. "I had a number in my head, and they never got there. It's a great organization; things just didn't work out when we had a chance to do something. Who knows what will happen three years down the line?"

Mitchell played for both the LSU Tigers baseball team and the LSU Tigers football team. He was awarded the College World Series Most Outstanding Player for his play during the 2009 College World Series which was won by the LSU Tigers. He also played on the 2007 LSU BCS National Championship football team as a wide receiver. He is a rare two-sport college national champion along with LSU baseball and football teammate Chad Jones.

It would be awesome if he could put it all together for us but his number throughout the minors have been awful, can't use your speed if you don't get on base.

True, but sometimes players "Get it" later rather than sooner. 

.292/.382/.500

2 HR, 4 Doubles and 4 SB's over 13 games.

Wouldn't be awesome if this talented toolsy outfielder realized his talent and put it all together for the Halos? Worst case scenario, due to his speed, he could be a Chone Figgins type for us in September. 

I love how this is your "worst case scenario" after 13 games of hitting well in the easiest park to hit in in the minors.

pollyanna.jpg

Edited by Angelsjunky