• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

Tosh did what was right for him at the time. He saw JT & Cal football we're headed no where, straight for the dumpster and he broke up with Cal. He was looking out for himself. I dont blame him in this cut throat bidness of college football.

Cal = Psycho ex girlfriend.

LMAO!  You have no clue man.  He was recruiting for UW before he even left Cal.  On his way out he badmouthed Cal to recruits, etc.  He was a total asshole about it.  Look back for Rally's comments on it.  There were some links that explained it all.  Guy is a grade A sleezeball.  He makes Kiffin look like a saint.

I honestly can't think of a more traitorous douchebag in the history of college football than Tosh Lupoi. I get that CFB is a cut throat business, but what he did is absurd. I'm not even being hyperbolic about this. I'm serious. The particulars of how he left are stunning, and show a great deal of bad judgment on his part. He could have easily left in a manner than was much more professional. He left in such a way as to cause his alma mater as much damage as possible. packed his office up overnight and split. He left Tedford wondering where the hell he was when they were supposed to get on a plane together for a recruiting visit. He recruited for Washington/Sark WHILE being paid by Cal and on visits in Cal gear. He lied to the face of his head coach, the guy that basically made him, gave him his graduate assistant position and then hired him to coach as a baby. He left in the middle of the night. He didn't tell any of his players, totally leaving them in the dark. He was all Cal for his entire life from growing up in the area to playing for Cal to being an grad student assistant to being a coach to being... gone.

He was then shocked by the reaction and started calling Cal donors/friends trying to plead his case like a whiny punk, because he never saw the blowback coming. He is persona non grata at Cal, and with good reason.

The bad judgment he showed then has now certainly been proven to not be isolated.

It's hard to not get worked up over something like that.

It's just as hard to not want to see him fail, and gloriously: what is currently being talked about is too good to be true. I thought he'd be at USC and rolling up an insane class by now. Instead we get this beautiful situation where he's putting thousands of dollars in coffee cups and paper bags. It's awesome.

Screw Tosh Lupoi.

Edited by RallyMo

I think it was a panic hire.  SC got turned down several times and wanted to save any further embarrassment so they went for the guy they knew would take the job.

UCLA did the same thing with Alford and they ended up with a rapist protector.

Honestly, SC would have been better off keeping Orgeron.  Kids love that guy.

Orgeron would have fallen flat on his face in about a year or two.  The Waterboy schtick would have worn itself out.  The delta between what he brought and what Lane brought is what had everyone's panties in a bunch.  

I was LTM reading Rally's description of Tosh leaving Cal.  It played out kinda how I would expect Peter Griffin to quit a job

Truth is, even though sanctions end in one more season, it takes another three to build the roster back up to compensate for all those lost scholarships.  Sark hasn't shocked the world, keeping Orgeron would been good PR and quite possibly the same in terms of production.

I think that when SC grabbed Sark they expected Tosh and Wilcox to come with him.  Now that is back firing on them.

I think that when SC grabbed Sark they expected Tosh and Wilcox to come with him. Now that is back firing on them.

Disagree. USC hiring a coach bc who his assistants are? Idk bout that.

How is it backfiring? Tosh wasn't a shoe in to USC neither is Wilcox who will be a HC in the near future.

Edited by nando714

They can definitely have Tosh if they want him now.

I get the feeling that he's radioactive at this point, though.

Again there was a reason Tosh wasnt getting through to USC. Bc compliance would not clear him. This USC doing their due diligence.

I think Wilcox contract expires 12/31 after that no buy out same for Tosh. If they both follow Sark. Probably zero chance Tosh is here. Would surprise me if he is