• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for AJ Schugel?

Tyler

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Angels give AJ Schugel a shot?

• Yes
    • Not yet

Yeah, De La Rosa has actually pitched decently. Butcher is the problem. How else do you explain Kazmir falling apart, and Fraudney being lights out last year?? The Padres need to fire Bud Black so he can come back.

Lets not forget, CJ sucking once he came to us and Vargas also sucking once he joined our team. Those guys were Good before, what happened?????

Oh, and Hanson not showing his potential, and Blanton not eatting innings.

Butch has got to go!

Im not a fan of Butcher (and think its time to go), but to be fair with these new guys, it almost has to be given more time. Case in poit, whatever it is they are doing wrong isnt probably readily noticeable, especially if youre not too familiar with each players particular mechanics.

Again, not saying butcher isnt a problem. But with pitchers it takes time to recognize a problem, and time to fix. The reason its looking so bad now is because we have 3 guys that all need a lobotomy.

Agreed that's it too early to call him up. I wonder why the organization felt Maronde is better-suited as BP arm though.

I wonder the same thing about Maronde.  I figured there was a good chance of it happening eventually, but considering how thin the club is with starting pitching prospects at upper levels, I was surprised the move came this spring.   

Not to mention Joe Saunders, who we recently extended this past offseason.

I suggested keeping Santana. Got blasted. Not a huge fan of Saunders and not sure he is better than Vargas, but we could've kept Morales or traded him for something else.   Hell, a starting pitching prospect.  And signed Saunders.  And been in a better position. 

I like Dipoto, but the Blanton and Vargas moves were questionable at best... especially when there are other mediocre or less than mediocre pitchers available... maybe for less...  and when you have to give up a decent hitter for one of em.  

That said, Vargas and Blanton are not this bad.  Neither is Hanson.  I also expect Wilson to do better.    

No.

I'd call up Skaggs or Corbin before Schugel.  Maronde, too.  

Don't know quite how to break this to you, but Skaggs and Corbin are in Arizona.  They were traded for Haren.  DiPoto is the first GM in Angels' history to screw up our pitching prospect inventory before he got here, then make it worse by adding non-productive pitchers once he got here.

I suggested keeping Santana. Got blasted. Not a huge fan of Saunders and not sure he is better than Vargas, but we could've kept Morales or traded him for something else.   Hell, a starting pitching prospect.  And signed Saunders.  And been in a better position. 

I like Dipoto, but the Blanton and Vargas moves were questionable at best... especially when there are other mediocre or less than mediocre pitchers available... maybe for less...  and when you have to give up a decent hitter for one of em.  

That said, Vargas and Blanton are not this bad.  Neither is Hanson.  I also expect Wilson to do better.    

Saunders would not have a 5+ ERA like our bottom three in the rotation has

Blanton is terrible this year, was terrible last year and has been no better than mediocre throughout his career. Vargas is a .500 pitcher away from Seattle. Hansen has been going downhill for the last three years. CJ is a nibbling fool and Weaver is out for a few more weeks. I don't see a turn around any time soon. That doesn't even take in to account the struggling pen. Yikes!!

I was kidding about Skaggs and Corbin.  Easy to say you'd rather have them now, but Haren was very good for a year and a half.  Plus two months of last year.  Then, he dropped off suddenly. He could've made the difference in each of the last three years.  He's only 32, so this year wasn't even a pipe dream.  The trade could've gone either way.  I can't hate on it.   

Angels need to develop some starting pitching.  It has been a while... and other than the Dbacks guys, who have they let go?  Tough to acquire it in a trade or via free agency. 

I was kidding about Skaggs and Corbin.  Easy to say you'd rather have them now, but Haren was very good for a year and a half.  Plus two months of last year.  Then, he dropped off suddenly. He could've made the difference in each of the last three years.  He's only 32, so this year wasn't even a pipe dream.  The trade could've gone either way.  I can't hate on it.   

Angels need to develop some starting pitching.  It has been a while... and other than the Dbacks guys, who have they let go?  Tough to acquire it in a trade or via free agency. 

Trading Donn Roach may end up being a mistake as well. Liked the little that I saw of him and he hasn't fallen off yet. Roach, Corbin and Skaggs would be pretty nice to have as of right now. 

Trading Donn Roach may end up being a mistake as well. Liked the little that I saw of him and he hasn't fallen off yet. Roach, Corbin and Skaggs would be pretty nice to have as of right now.

Roach at least got us a valuable piece for a long time (Frieri). We gave up Johnny Hellweg as part of the two month Greinke rental. We could regret that down the road and we already regret not having Segura now with Aybar and Callaspo out.