• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

massive win.

freddie looked great too, which helps since he is basically out on display now for a trade.

they are looking good.

and without the entire top D pairing.

imagine when fowler/despres come back.

and if they can get some scoring help like droiun.

i think theo goes down when the big boys come back though, he's playing amazing but no room for him unless they can get rid of bieksa or stoner.

Something is really bugging me about our goalies.

So when Andersen is on the bench, between periods, he is in the hallway rooting on the players as they go by. 

I noticed that between periods, Gibson was not doing it.  Then I noticed that as Gibson passed Getzlaf on the ice after the game ended, he just skated by, no bump or anything. 

Probably nothing.  But just something that I noticed.

Wow. Ducks basically swapped Hagelin for an expiring contract and a depth d man... Seems like a precursor for another move.

Hagelin seemed to start clicking on that Kesler line but it's nice to trade him and that contract. Especially considering Cogs and Silf being locked up for a couple more years. Can only have so many wingers that don't score, lol.

Hagelin to PIT for Perron and Clendening, according to Bob McKenzie.

Interesting move.

Not really familiar with either player.  So we shall see.  But in essence we traded Etem for these two.  So it's like one of those non moves the Angels have been making all offseason. 

Good to unload the Haeglin $ though.  Perron is a $3.8 million player, UFA after this season.  Clendening $687k, RFA after this season.  Haeglin we had signed to $4 million through 2019. 

I liked the trade for Haeglin at the time.  I even liked the extension.  But his speed just didn't seem to translate well to this team. 

i see it mostly as a salary dump.  Makes signing Rakell, Lindholm and Vatanen a lot more feasible.  I think its pretty fortunate that Murray was able to clear Hags salary so quickly.  He's a pretty one dimensional 3rd line player IMO, was a terrible contract.  Clendeneing keeps getting traded and was scratched often by the Penguins, so my guess is that he's not very good.  Perron, has had a tough year but is probably a better offensive player then Hagelin regardless.  Both being UFA at the end of the season is the big news.  Like the Tokarski trade, I think this sets up other moves.  We'll see.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Defintitely looks like a move to get Hags contract off the books.  He did not seem to fit in with this Ducks team so I am happy we were able to unload his contract for a couple of players with expiring contracts.  Who knows, maybe Perron catches fire here, he is the kind of player who could help this team score some goals.  

i see it mostly as a salary dump.  Makes signing Rakell, Lindholm and Vatanen a lot more feasible.  I think its pretty fortunate that Murray was able to clear Hags salary so quickly.  He's a pretty one dimensional 3rd line player IMO, was a terrible contract.  Clendeneing keeps getting traded and was scratched often by the Penguins, so my guess is that he's not very good.  Perron, has had a tough year but is probably a better offensive player then Hagelin regardless.  Both being UFA at the end of the season is the big news.  Like the Tokarski trade, I think this sets up other moves.  We'll see.

Pretty much. At the time the Hagelin deal (both trade and contract) looked perfectly reasonable and I thought he would settle in to be a good second line scorer. But that hasn't happened and that contract shaped as an albatross. Pretty happy to be rid of that contract even if the return isn't that great.

Pittsburgh lol. That trade is almost like Murray held a gun to Rutheford's head & made him an offer he can't refuse.

Its a HUGE risk for Pittsburgh if Hagelin doesn't click with them they are stuck with him as Rutheford is no Murray at making trades.

Clendening is decent throw in, alot of Pittsburgh fans were complaining about them including Clendening.

Like Despres did when he came to Anaheim, he could benefit from a change of scenery

Pittsburgh lol. That trade is almost like Murray held a gun to Rutheford's head & made him an offer he can't refuse.

Its a HUGE risk for Pittsburgh if Hagelin doesn't click with them they are stuck with him as Rutheford is no Murray at making trades.

Clendening is decent throw in, alot of Pittsburgh fans were complaining about them including Clendening.

Like Despres did when he came to Anaheim, he could benefit from a change of scenery

If Clendening becomes another Despres.  Then Pittsburgh is just our bitch.  Might as well trade Stoner for Crosby.