• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2015/12/14/10130616/commentary-thoughts-on-mondays-anaheim-ducks-news

Another article from a guy who writes but doesn't think. This one's about the 'questionable' (He won't really make the call. He's wants to leave himself the option to armchair QB later on and say he called it when it happened.) decision Murray made to waive Khudobin instead of making the trade that he 'knows' would bring in a hugh  haul for Andersen. Ok, buddy.

Khudobin getting claimed doesn't stop Murray from trading Anderson at all. It might delay it a bit. but stop it? No.

With Khudobin playing the way he has, we're in the same position if Murray traded Andersen pre-waiver or post : Gibson is the goalie and if he gets hurt we play out the season and get ready for next year. If it's not Khudobin who plays it out, it would be some other 2nd tier goalie we'd pickup. Andersen is still as available as he was a few days ago (To whatever degree that was).

Do you remember how bad Wiz was with us after the trade?

Yes he sucked. But still, turning Karlsson, Bourque and a high pick into a lower pick, an overpaid AHL goalie and a seventh D-man for last year's playoffs is pretty dreadful.

Speaking of which, Dobby down to SD. I figure we are stuck with him, someone would have to have a really pressing need to take him with that salary.

He was pretty much the worst player on the ice in every game he played.  He made Stoner look like an all star.

tough to argue against you, he did not play well when he played.  I still like the player though and wish he had more of a chance.  

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2015/12/14/10130616/commentary-thoughts-on-mondays-anaheim-ducks-news

Another article from a guy who writes but doesn't think. This one's about the 'questionable' (He won't really make the call. He's wants to leave himself the option to armchair QB later on and say he called it when it happened.) decision Murray made to waive Khudobin instead of making the trade that he 'knows' would bring in a hugh  haul for Andersen. Ok, buddy.

Khudobin getting claimed doesn't stop Murray from trading Anderson at all. It might delay it a bit. but stop it? No.

With Khudobin playing the way he has, we're in the same position if Murray traded Andersen pre-waiver or post : Gibson is the goalie and if he gets hurt we play out the season and get ready for next year. If it's not Khudobin who plays it out, it would be some other 2nd tier goalie we'd pickup. Andersen is still as available as he was a few days ago (To whatever degree that was).

I think the problem is that given the way things are, we can't get a good return on Anderson at the moment.  Everyone knows the Ducks need to move him, and theres only a handful of teams that need a goalie.  At some point Murray is gonna have to just take what he can get, but I think he's just gonna wait and hope for a market to materialize via injuries.  Mike Smith is gonna be out 10 weeks, maybe that market is already developing. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Not saying I like the trade, just that Wiz was beyond terrible.

This team misses Beauch big time.  He struggled in the playoffs but he really did such a great job with the puck exiting the defensive zone and bringing it into the offensive zone.  Lindholm has been really absent this season and I think a big reason has been no Beauch.  Vatanen on the other hand has done a great job handling the puck and providing offense for the club.  I think the Ducks should consider flipping Lindholm if they can.

tough to argue against you, he did not play well when he played.  I still like the player though and wish he had more of a chance.  

I think the problem is that given the way things are, we can't get a good return on Anderson at the moment.  Everyone knows the Ducks need to move him, and theres only a handful of teams that need a goalie.  At some point Murray is gonna have to just take what he can get, but I think he's just gonna wait and hope for a market to materialize via injuries.  Mike Smith is gonna be out 10 weeks, maybe that market is already developing. 

& going into training camp with the Ducks he would have more time to fit into the Boudreau system.

I'd rather not have Khudobin & Bieksa vs having Wiz.

With starting the season with Wiz on the roster they at least have the chance he performs like a Top4 D while with Bieksa you know ur getting bottom pairing D numbers from him & Khudobin is a pile of horse dung.

42 shots no goals

This is the most frustrating part.  We usually lead or are close to the Shots on Goal per game.  And yet we can't score. 

I really just don't get the team.  It's a good team.  And yet it's like we are shooting beach balls at the goalie and they are shooting bb's at ours.

42 shots no goals

I find the 42 shot figure a little misleading (true, obviously, but if you just saw that you would have a different impression of the game to what actually happened). We had SOME good looks but it's not like we had great chance after great chance. The reality is we didn't create all that much, looked lifeless and lazy and deserved to get beaten comfortably.

No, if we tank we keep the picks. No way we'd trade a top 5 pick.

Depends where they end up in the draft if they actually end up at #6 or #11 & who they get offered in a trade. The 2011/12 team made a late season push that moved them down to #6 instead of 2 & that team didn't have as much talent. I bet that will happen in the 2nd half of the season which is why I hope they tank to counter a late season push so they end up with a top10 pick instead of a top 15.

I really doubt they end up with a Top5 pick.....just see them suddenly coming to life in the last 2 months of the season only to be disappointed.

They should trade off the 1 year rentals at the deadline.

Past two offseasons Murray has signed dead weight to the blueline with Stoner & Bieksa.

He spends so much on D-men who put up numbers more suited for a bottom pairing D-man.

yea, the 40 something mark is deceiving.  They were not dangerous and had no business winning the game.  The biggest problem continues to be the complete failures that Getzlaf and Kesler have been (Perry has only been good in spurts, also has not been very good overall) Murray really just did not get it done this offseason tho.  Hagelin and Silfverfberg counted on as guys that could put up 50 or 60 points is proving to be a terrible miscalculation.  Bieksa as a Beauch replacement is a complete disaster.  They just can't help themselves.  The team is not good.  We do have a core of good players, and I do believe that at some point Getzlaf is gonna remember he's an elite player.  At some point Kesler will be a semi elite player again as well.  The supporting cast is not good enough tho.  We just don't have guys that can put the puck in the net.  One of Hagelin of Cogliano needs to be traded.  If Silfverberg is the guy that teams want, move him.  One of Lindholm or Vatanen needs to be moved as well.  My preference is that we keep Vatanen, as Lindholm has proven to be a guy that doesn't stand well on his own imo.  I think he's still viewed as the better asset by the league, so we should move him and get max value.  

it would something if they turn this around and make something of the season, but it just doesn't look like its gonna happen.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

And when all's said and done, we're 3 games out of second place with 2 games in hand. My bet is we still make the playoffs. And, if we do, what difference is 90+ points to 110. A spot is a spot.

That doesn't mean I'm not worried about the way we're playing. Just not worried about our opportunity to get in the playoffs. If we're close in March, we'll either be playing well enough to make it or it won't matter anyway. 

to me, it looks like they're completely outclassed by the stronger teams in the league.  I'm not really interested in anything except a cup, so if the choice between a higher draft pick or a short playoff run i'll take the higher draft pick.  

Thats not to say that they wont eventually start playing good hockey and make me a bit more enthusiastic.  They're certainly still in it.  They just look so bad. its tough to see a lot changing w/o some kind of shake up this late into the season.