• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Washington Nationals- visit to park! Help!

I'm going to catch a game at the Nats park in a couple weeks (will be in DC/Virginia for the World Police/Fire games), and was hoping for some help from anyone who's been there...

We will be sitting in section 132 (1st base side, just past the infield) and I'm hoping for some pointers on which food is good in the park, and any good baseball bars in the area.  I've read the section in "The Ultimate Baseball Road Trip" book update, but figured there's probably better intel here.

Thanks!

Went to a couple Nats games a few years ago when I was in DC.  One of the more disappointed I have been in stadium food.  Can't really recommend anything sadly.  I do however recommend going to the Peking Gourmet Inn while in DC.  Hands down the best peking duck I have ever had.  Big hot spot for presidents/congressmen, they have pics on the wall of many of the presidents who have dined there.  

The one time I got to go to a Nats game was the end of the season back a few years ago. They were out of nearly everything, including any beer other than Budwieser. They only had hot dogs but no buns so they put them on French rolls. The most disorganized group outside of the Congress a few miles up the subway.

Here is a tip, the subway is great but over crowded before and after the games. Just take a cab it won't cost you much to get from the wharf area back to midtown or Virginia across the bridge. Do not drive to the stadium, in fact don't bother driving anywhere in DC, the parking is scarce, expensive and the public transit is easy and drops you off almost everywhere you want to be.

LB, the stadium is pretty cool, its new....that saud, forget getting too wrapped up, the best part of DC is the city...theres a TON to see there, go see the sights and report back..

Its tough to pick one, but museum of american history was my fave

I have only been to Washington once, in 1967 on a school trip after my sixth grade year. It is still one of the most memorable trips of my life, even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time in any one place (four hours at the Smithsonian, even back then, barely scratched the surface). Still saw all of the main sights, White House, Capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the eternal flame at John F. Kennedy's grave, Iwo Jima statue - plus a Red Sox - Senators game at DC Stadium, my first live regular season MLB game.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

And if you have time, theres a second Smithsonian air museum a little outside the main area. Theres busses thatll take you there. Thet second one has the enola gay and a space shuttle.

Its really a cool city

It's the Udvar-Hazy museum. Well worth the visit.

I did the full City tour with my family when I was in high school in the mid 80's.  It is one of the few trips that really are memorable, but we don't have time for much else than the ballgame this time around.

Everybodys' comments are jiving with what I read in the book; that the ballpark sits in an empty void and the food is unremarkable.  Oh well, I'll be there to say hi to my Dirtbag pals Espinoza and Duffy, and to take-in the game (while checking-off another park from the list).

I did the full City tour with my family when I was in high school in the mid 80's.  It is one of the few trips that really are memorable, but we don't have time for much else than the ballgame this time around.

Everybodys' comments are jiving with what I read in the book; that the ballpark sits in an empty void and the food is unremarkable.  Oh well, I'll be there to say hi to my Dirtbag pals Espinoza and Duffy, and to take-in the game (while checking-off another park from the list).

Giants/Nats should be a fun game.    Seeing LB St. alums throughout MLB is really cool.