• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pool party gone wild

Or maybe it's the exact opposite. Too many people have an opinion and with the safety behind a computer, it's too easy to shoot down all other opinions. The days of back and forth opposing opinions and buying each other a drink afterwards is over.

This principal said he supported the policeman.  Nothing inflammatory.  In what world should that get you fired?

God forbid any of you are around a campus and someone feels their title IX rights have been violated.  You will find yourself in lawsuit hell.

A bit, but it is more that speech has somehow become under attack is really the downfall.  These days expressing an opinion is almost not worth the risk.

I see your point but lean toward what Funke said. Speech could have been under attack for a while but social media sends it right to your doorstep.  I still can't believe it when politicians forget their is a camera and microphone within a foot of their noggin at all times. 

I think a fortune can be made in going to these departments and training them in Social Media 101.  Ok, look here, chances are you will be getting filmed so lets show you how to look like hero cop and not dumb ass.  

This principal said he supported the policeman. Nothing inflammatory. In what world should that get you fired?

God forbid any of you are around a campus and someone feels their title IX rights have been violated. You will find yourself in lawsuit hell.

It is not just a simple "I support law enforcement" statement. He defends a guy that grabs an innocent teenage girl, tosses her around, tackles her, and pins her down with his knee. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable behavior should probably not be in charge of kids.

A bit, but it is more that speech has somehow become under attack is really the downfall. These days expressing an opinion is almost not worth the risk.

I don't have one person I work with on Facebook I am too worried I would post something that offended them. I don't really post on Facebook anymore anyway.

I don't have one person I work with on Facebook I am too worried I would post something that offended them. I don't really post on Facebook anymore anyway.

Facebook has become a rather depressing place.

Yeah, everybody disagrees about various things on this forum, but the dialogue pales in comparison, doesn't even register on the radar, compared to some of the vile exchanges made on FB.  The really sad part is the participants are people you NEVER thought would stoop to such levels.

At least AW remains a decent site to visit. 

Pretty sure they made some racial remarks as well.

But this wasn't about race, these blacks were clearly out of control and a threat

Loud music = out of control and a threat?

White teen states it all started when the white parents started making racist comments.

The mother of one of the black girls states she was at the party supervising.

It is not just a simple "I support law enforcement" statement. He defends a guy that grabs an innocent teenage girl, tosses her around, tackles her, and pins her down with his knee. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable behavior should probably not be in charge of kids.

You are getting into some really Orwellian territory here. We don't have any place in our society for thought police.

http://madamenoire.com/539432/white-women-involved-in-mckinney-pool-fight-suspended-from-job/

Looks like black leadership managed to get that lady fired.

Wow... I hadn't read that before.

We are really getting into some uncharted territory.  People have gotten into scuffles and that kind of stuff forever.  It would have never lost you your job as a paper pusher at a B of A vendor.

I am still trying to figure out of this is a good thing, or a bad thing.  On the one hand, people may actually have better behavior.  On the other hand, its kind of creepy.

Edited by yk9001

Wow... I hadn't read that before.

We are really getting into some uncharted territory.  People have gotten into scuffles and that kind of stuff forever.  It would have never lost you your job as a paper pusher at a B of A vendor.

I am still trying to figure out of this is a good thing, or a bad thing.  On the one hand, people may actually have better behavior.  On the other hand, its kind of creepy.

It might prevent people from egging other peoples property.

It might prevent people from egging other peoples property.

Know when there are cameras present, and when there are not.

Low-level vandalism 101.  I never would have thrown even those two stupid eggs (landing on brick, not his house - it was clean up for him, not destruction) if there weren't a 99.9% chance of getting away with it.

That Texas officer resigned rather than waiting to be fired.  He is clearly over-reacting to this situation in chasing after the kids for possible trespassing or contempt of cop?!  His fellow Officers should've reigned him in.  Nice barrel-roll though.

We had this EXACT call last summer up in the Country Club area of North LB (It was predominantly black, but all races were in attendance)...  I still don't know if the kids had a right to be at this house/pool party, but I do know that nobody was arrested.  Nobody on either side used any kind of force either.  The "party" was calmly broken-up, and everybody went on their way.

Know when there are cameras present, and when there are not.

Low-level vandalism 101.  I never would have thrown even those two stupid eggs (landing on brick, not his house - it was clean up for him, not destruction) if there weren't a 99.9% chance of getting away with it.

It's not the vandalism that is the problem.

It is the slaughter of innocent fetus.

Texas teacher’s Facebook rant about McKinney pool party gets her ‘relieved of her duties’: report 

I seriously don't get why teachers, police, politicians, or really anyone else uses social media unless it's for official purposes.  It's like going on a drunken rant (which I have done here way too many times), but to all your friends, family, colleagues, etc, all of which has an ability to track you down.  

You could post the most innocent pictures or innocent comments, but if it offends anyone, then it's game on.

Wow, no kidding, use some common sense. People have said in this thread their opinions of why the officer, B of A employee, etc. should not be fired basically just stating I don't think it is right, however, reading this lady's rant she made her own bed with that one. I was actually laughing reading it. Somehow have to piece together officer barrel-roll and have her run up and barrel-roll right behind him.  

“This officer should not have to resign. I’m going to just go ahead and say it...the blacks are the ones causing the problems and this ‘racial tension.’ I guess that’s what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education,” she wrote, as reported by KCBD.

Fitzgibbons went on: “I’m almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone. Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something.”

Texas, lolz.

Texas teacher’s Facebook rant about McKinney pool party gets her ‘relieved of her duties’: report 

I seriously don't get why teachers, police, politicians, or really anyone else uses social media unless it's for official purposes.  It's like going on a drunken rant (which I have done here way too many times), but to all your friends, family, colleagues, etc, all of which has an ability to track you down.  

You could post the most innocent pictures or innocent comments, but if it offends anyone, then it's game on.

HALT.gif