• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Class baiting article in OCR draws attention from Fangraphs

I am saying that most seats are too expensive. If they weren't too expensive every game would be sold out. If I owned the Angels my goal would be to have 45K butts in the stadium for every game. The expensive seats are actually closer to being priced correctly since most of those sections are well sold for many games. When you look in the upper view and see that its 2/3 empty, you know they have over priced it for that game.

i disagree, though i know what youre getting at. I think the main problem is lets face it...we dont have a die hard fan base. We had a good run post 2002, but i think most local fans are kind of blase. Im obviously a nerd and addicted to this team, but even i only go to games occasionally (combo of being busy, work schedule, and personally preferring to either watch at a bar or at home).

Teams like the dodgers sell seats because the stadium is surrounded by a huge population, and its a "cultural" thing. People go to dodger games (and yankees, other big name teams) as an event. Sure, theres die hard fans, but the majority are there more for the venue.

I think (but id have to look) most teas play in major cities. The angels, oakland etc are kind of the weird ones that play in the suburbs.and with the angels competing with big name teams like the dodgers, lakers for part of the season, ducks in the playoffs etc, theyre kind of pressed to dominate if they want the "passive" fans to come out repeatedly.

i disagree, though i know what youre getting at. I think the main problem is lets face it...we dont have a die hard fan base. We had a good run post 2002, but i think most local fans are kind of blase. Im obviously a nerd and addicted to this team, but even i only go to games occasionally (combo of being busy, work schedule, and personally preferring to either watch at a bar or at home).

Teams like the dodgers sell seats because the stadium is surrounded by a huge population, and its a "cultural" thing. People go to dodger games (and yankees, other big name teams) as an event. Sure, theres die hard fans, but the majority are there more for the venue.

I think (but id have to look) most teas play in major cities. The angels, oakland etc are kind of the weird ones that play in the suburbs.and with the angels competing with big name teams like the dodgers, lakers for part of the season, ducks in the playoffs etc, theyre kind of pressed to dominate if they want the "passive" fans to come out repeatedly.

I agree with your point here and I may not be taking it into account enough.  Another WS run would obviously change things and the Angels would be able to charge a premium for their tickets.  However, with the lack of any sort of playoff run lately, I think they should be less aggressive in their pricing, especially in the upper view.  The upper view is really just an undesirable location to sit, which is why it needs to be cheap for people to come out to the ballpark and sit there.