• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is good

Something to think about in regards to "This team is good"......

Dipoto's first 537 games as the Angels GM the team's record is 292-246 Playoff record 0-3

Reagins last 537 games as the Angels GM the team's record was 294-243 Playoff record 3-7 

The players have changed but the results are pretty much the same.

Eeyore

Dipoto's first 537 games as the Angels GM the team's record is 292-246 Playoff record 0-3

Reagins last 537 games as the Angels GM the team's record was 294-243 Playoff record 3-7

This is awesome. I just see you in some closet on your laptop and a abacus doing the math on something completely ridiculous like this. Why exactly should we look at his entire tenure when we are talking about this team right now? How does what happened in the first year or two or three have any bearing on how this team is right now? Or better yet, how does Reagins have anything to do with how this team is doing now? Something you didn't mention is the fact that they Angels have more "currency" than they have had since the Stoneman years, and not only that but that currency is starting pitching which is ALWAYS the most sought after currency in the game. I get that this is your thing, you look at something that is going pretty well right now and you have to say, "But what about how shitty it was, or but Arte spends a lot so it should be better", well we are talking about the performance on the field lately, so I don't quite get your post at all as it relates to being relevant to this thread.

This is awesome. I just see you in some closet on your laptop and a abacus doing the math on something completely ridiculous like this. Why exactly should we look at his entire tenure when we are talking about this team right now? How does what happened in the first year or two or three have any bearing on how this team is right now? Or better yet, how does Reagins have anything to do with how this team is doing now? Something you didn't mention is the fact that they Angels have more "currency" than they have had since the Stoneman years, and not only that but that currency is starting pitching which is ALWAYS the most sought after currency in the game. I get that this is your thing, you look at something that is going pretty well right now and you have to say, "But what about how shitty it was, or but Arte spends a lot so it should be better", well we are talking about the performance on the field lately, so I don't quite get your post at all as it relates to being relevant to this thread.

simple

it doesn't

Strad my point is that Reagins didn't get the same payroll and got fired for the same performance as Dipoto. But to your point Reagins does have something to do with todays team. Try Trout, Weaver, Richards, Calhoun and Aybar which have nothing to do with Dipoto. No reason for anyone to get butthurt about it. 

Strad my point is that Reagins didn't get the same payroll and got fired for the same performance as Dipoto. But to your point Reagins does have something to do with todays team. Try Trout, Weaver, Richards, Calhoun and Aybar which have nothing to do with Dipoto. No reason for anyone to get butthurt about it. 

Dipotos made some pretty good moves of his own too.  I wont say hes been perfect, but I hope youre not insinuating Dipoto is any kind of problem for this team?  Reagins was the guy that brought in Vernon Wells.  Let that sink in for a moment.

Oh and Reagins didn't have the same payroll, comparitively speaking to the league he had a higher payroll. This year the Angels are 7th and Reagins last year the Angels had the 4th highest payroll. so that is silly.

Let's not kid ourselves: there's no thinking associated with those numbers.

Dipotos made some pretty good moves of his own too.  I wont say hes been perfect, but I hope youre not insinuating Dipoto is any kind of problem for this team?  Reagins was the guy that brought in Vernon Wells.  Let that sink in for a moment.

So Reagins brought in Vernon Wells after Arte said no to Beltre. Then the fans called Arte cheap so Reagins was pressured to bring in a Big Bat and get rid of Napoli. I don't think that Wells was as damaging as Hamilton.

You conveniently neglected to mention that Reagins inherited a team that won the division and had won it 3 of the previous 4 years

We have no idea the kind of lasting impact Hamilton will have, that depends on their desire to spend more money now that he is off the team. Remember the Angels weren't going to sign players after acquiring Wells. Since then they have inked three of the largest deals in club history.

Strad my point is that Reagins didn't get the same payroll and got fired for the same performance as Dipoto.

The level of stupid in this statement is truly overwhelming. It's hard to fathom that in 20 words someone managed to be so wrong about something.