• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/21 @Toronto

Victor and Gubi are so boring. Their definition of commentary is just blabbing about where a player is from.

Something like this:

"Here's so and so.

(silence).

only 22 years of age.

(silence)

product from Kansas

(silence)

(silence)

Better K/9 than last year, same BB/9, WHIP slightly worse but still top 25. The only bad stat is home runs, which should go away.

It's not as though hitters are getting lucky though. His location this year has been horrendous. Everything. Every single pitch. Up in the zone. Up in the zone.

Victor and Gubi are so boring. Their definition of commentary is just blabbing about where a player is from.

Something like this:

"Here's so and so.

(silence).

only 22 years of age.

(silence)

product from Kansas

(silence)

(silence)

The only reason anyone likes Victor is because he went to their stupid ass softball game.

The only reason anyone likes Victor is because he went to their stupid ass softball game.

From what I've heard of Victor, he's legitimately a damn good broadcaster. I have never met him and I probably never will.

Gubi is ok, but Hud was better. I don't get the hate for him but he's definitely not great.

But since hit rate and walk rate are the same, it seems like it is just the occassional mistake instead of all his pitches sucking. He's just made 14 pitches that he didn't make last year.

Just stop making mistakes, not that hard.

It's not the occasional mistake though, he is leaving a ton of pitches up in the zone. His H/9 coming into today was .8 higher and his GB/FB ratio has jumped considerably in favor of fly balls, likely having some correlation to the fact that he is leaving a ton of pitches up. All you have to do is watch his starts to realize how frequently he is missing his location, usually high. And not the good, Doc Ellis on LSD high.

Haha, or maybe you just perceived that you were playing basketball but were actually in the middle of a forest jumping around throwing rocks at a bird's nest. There is a great Doc Ellis documentary currently on Netflix that I would recommend. He describes that event as not being able to actually see the batters, only blobs so he could tell if it was a lefty or righty, hence the lack of control. Doc Ellis was like the Rickey Henderson of pitchers as far as arrogance went, pretty entertaining.