• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's April Stats

.329/.447/.592 with 5 HR, 14 RBI, 6 SB. That is good for 3.7 WAR and 10.7 adjusted batting runs accumulated in only a month (baseball reference). Oh, and he has a 195 OPS+. 

Yeah, he's okay.

Edit: Poozy is correct, his WAR is now showing 1.7 on baseball reference. 

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

like I said in yesterday's gameday thread, the pattern for his first three years has been to start off a little slow and then pick things up by late May, and then go on an absolute tear in June and July. It will be interesting to see if he's reversing that trend this year or if this is a slow start and he's in for an unbelievable season. Strangely, it doesn't seem like he's really gotten locked in with the bat yet. He only had one 3-hit game in April.

3.7 bWAR? wtf. That can't be right. He only has a 1.6 fwar

You're right, it just went down to 1.7. I swear at the time of this post, they had it calculated at 3.7, which also confused me. His adjusted batting runs however is still 10.7, which is incredibly good for one month. He led the league in that category last season with 55.6 for a comparison.

like I said in yesterday's gameday thread, the pattern for his first three years has been to start off a little slow and then pick things up by late May, and then go on an absolute tear in June and July. It will be interesting to see if he's reversing that trend this year or if this is a slow start and he's in for an unbelievable season. Strangely, it doesn't seem like he's really gotten locked in with the bat yet. He only had one 3-hit game in April.

Pitchers haven't been throwing him high fastballs as often, but I have noticed that when they do, he seems to be laying off them more than last season. Obviously, that is a great sign. 

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

Could you imagine how many runs he'd have if Albert was hitting at all. Of course, he'd probably have less walks but higher average and slugging due to seeing more hittable pitches.

Or a lower average because those walks given up turn into outs more often than they do hits.