• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gonna miss another Fanfest Softball Game :(

Going in for my fourth c-spine fusion on May 27th. Started when I was 32, and it has been a rough 8 years, but the docs think they've finally figured out what the deal is. First I had C6/7 fused. 2 years later I had it redone because my body rejected to donor bone. By that time the levels around it had herniated beyond healing, so a couple years after that I had C4-7 fused. Many steroid epidurals later, I still had crazy spasms and the 24/7 pain had still not gotten any better, and last December I started getting numbness in my fingers again in addition to the constant pain in my shoulders, neck, back and upper arms. Been on pain meds 3 times a day for years and muscle relaxers at night plus strong antiinflammatories for as long as I can remember. And that's just so I can get out of bed and function. Sick of taking pills!

Went back to the doc and while the X Rays, MRI and CT scans all looked good, he finally got my insurance to order a special bone scan with contrast, he said it lit up like a christmas tree. Essentially he said I am breaking my neck daily on a micro level, which is why I suffer from the constant spasms, pain, nerve damage and my spine straightening. This time, instead of just a small incision on the front of my neck, they will go in from the back and lock it down with 2 rods, some plates and a bunch of screws.

Recovery is going to take much longer, and the hospital will be a minimum of four days vs just the overnights on the others. Good news is he said it's a 90% success rate vs the typical 40-60% of my others. Just a shame that insurance never allowed the other test. If they'd done that after the first or second surgery, I might have save myself a few years of pain. Screw you insurance companies!

Crossing my fingers that I'll be all good and back on the diamond in 2016!