• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mason & Ireland and uninformed media

John Ireland knows nothing about anything other than Lakers BB.

Steve Mason is bombastic.

That is all.

That said, this is a lesson to Arte on big splashes over aging vets like Pujols and Hamilton.

Wilson has been somewhere in the middle, good in 2013 good April-June 2012 good April-May 2014, and bad July-Sept 2012 and bad June-Sept 2014.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1. Don't compare anyone to Mike Trout.

2. Go find me 5 free agent pitchers in the last three years who signed for smaller deals at age 30 and were worth more.

3. Pujols and Wilson were not just baseball moves. They were business moves. You cannot divorce the two. Do you think the Yankees and Dodgers sign free agents and make big trades just to win? Haha, there is so much more involved. Media, fans, marketing, advertising dollars, etc.

1. Mike Trout isn't a fair comp to anyone but it just shows that 4.0 WAR over 3 years isn't that impressive

2. What does age matter? Were the Angels only allowed to sign pitchers over 30 years old as part of the CBA I didn't know about.

3. How much revenue has CJ Wilson brought in? I know the young kids are just clamoring to go out there and see CJ Wilson pitch every 5th day. He's a living legend.

1. Mike Trout isn't a fair comp to anyone but it just shows that 4.0 WAR over 3 years isn't that impressive

2. What does age matter? Were the Angels only allowed to sign pitchers over 30 years old as part of the CBA I didn't know about.

3. How much revenue has CJ Wilson brought in? I know the young kids are just clamoring to go out there and see CJ Wilson pitch every 5th day. He's a living legend.

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-angeles-angels/2011/12/8/2622757/los-angeles-angels-tv-deal-3-billion-20-years-albert-pujols-c-j-wilson-arte-moreno

My goodness, Mason & Ireland are as ignorant about most sports as two people can possibly be. It's a miracle that they're still on the air.

They'd be far better off (as would we) if they did a basketball only show.

I can't listen to anyone that's currently on the air in the afternoons. Not a single one of them.

I am a sports radio junkie and have an hour commute each way... and I don't touch anything on LA sports talk.  I will spend a few minutes on am 980 with Jeannie Zelasko and Marques Johnson in the morning.  Nothing in the afternoon - all stations unlistenable.

Steve Czaban yahoo sports radio podcasts for me.  I have to listen to a frigging guy out of DC, this market is so bad.

PETROS QUIT SHOUTING AT ME!

I am a sports radio junkie and have an hour commute each way... and I don't touch anything on LA sports talk. I will spend a few minutes on am 980 with Jeannie Zelasko and Marques Johnson in the morning. Nothing in the afternoon - all stations unlistenable.

Steve Czaban yahoo sports radio podcasts for me. I have to listen to a frigging guy out of DC, this market is so bad.

Always liked Jeannie Z. since the Mighty 690 days in the 90s.

I am a sports radio junkie and have an hour commute each way... and I don't touch anything on LA sports talk.  I will spend a few minutes on am 980 with Jeannie Zelasko and Marques Johnson in the morning.  Nothing in the afternoon - all stations unlistenable.

Steve Czaban yahoo sports radio podcasts for me.  I have to listen to a frigging guy out of DC, this market is so bad.

right on the button. petros blows and sucks. his yelling and constant interrupting make him unlistenable. plus, he always sounds like he has a bunch of mucus stuck in his throat and needs to clear it with a good cough.

I too am a sports radio junkie and P's voice & style was definitely an acquired taste, but I enjoy the Petros and Money Show very much.  The only local show worth my time.  The guys are the exact opposite of a rehearsed/company man who over inflect every word like Lodge.  I never know if that guy is reading a commercial or 'reporting' some day old story.

PMS has fun and, most of the time, put the proper perspective on sports.