• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

States propose charging drivers by the mile as fuel taxes plummet

States are looking for ways to keep the funds coming in order to maintain the nation's roads.

Gas taxes have been used for more than a century for the purpose.

The problem that has developed is those taxes are generating less each year due to inflation, fuel efficiency and the rise of electric cars.

States are experimenting with various ideas that could eventually replace those taxes

They want to put trackers on everyone's car as if that isn't a privacy issue to fight through the Supreme Courts. There was an article just today where a husband is on trial for putting a tracker on his wife's car, joint property in marriage and yet considered illegal. 

Bobby Bonilla Day: Why Mets pay him over $1M every July despite last playing for them in 1999

This is where the conception of Bobby Bonilla Day begins.

Instead of paying him the rest of the money owed, the Mets and Bonilla negotiated a deal to make annual payments of just under $1.2 million every July 1 from 2011 to 2035, when Bonilla will be 72, which included a negotiated 8% interest.

So, why did the Mets decide to pony up close to $30 million over the long haul instead of simply handing over the $5.9 million? Well, then-owner Fred Wilpon had invested with Ponzi-scheme artist Bernie Madoff and expected double-digit returns on the deal, which did not happen and Wilpon wound up with the short end of the stick.

It's been reported that Wilpon lost roughly $700 million through Madoff, who was jailed in 2009 and spent the rest of his life in prison.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bobby-bonilla-day-why-mets-pay-him-1m-every-july-last-playing-1999

A chimpanzee that had been locked up her entire life walked outdoors for the first time in nearly 30 years, video shows.

The 28-year-old chimpanzee named Vanilla was recently transferred to a sanctuary in Fort Pierce, Florida. Save the Chimps, a rescue organization, told Storyful that Vanilla originally lived in a California facility "inside a chain-link fence cage with no grass and very little enrichment."

"She had never been outside of a lab cage or the garage-sized enclosure she was transferred to in California," Save the Chimps explained.

Before she was moved to California, she lived in a small cage at a rescue lab in New York.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/chimpanzee-sees-sky-the-first-time-nearly-30-years-reacts-amazement-video

during our recording break on sunday, four of us headed over to taco bell. i ordered the black bean quesarito, which is a vegetarian option. i didn't realize until i was about halfway through that it was the regular quesarito with beef. it tasted a lot like my vegetarian burger option.

22 minutes ago, Tank said:

during our recording break on sunday, four of us headed over to taco bell. i ordered the black bean quesarito, which is a vegetarian option. i didn't realize until i was about halfway through that it was the regular quesarito with beef. it tasted a lot like my vegetarian burger option.

Taco Bell prefers to keep the meat to a minimum in their beef products