• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lithium deposit found in US may be among world’s largest, study finds
Automakers, threatened by possible shortages of lithium for EV batteries, are racing to lock in supplies

A deposit of lithium recently discovered along the Nevada-Oregon border may be among the world’s largest, having potentially huge implications for the transition to electric vehicles.

The deposit exists in the McDermitt Caldera, a caldera approximately 28 miles long and 22 miles wide. It is believed that the caldera contains around 20 to 40 million metric tons of lithium – a figure that would dwarf deposits in Chile and Australia.

Belgian geologist Anouk Borst told Chemistry World that the findings "could change the dynamics of lithium globally, in terms of price, security of supply and geopolitics."

The researchers’ paper comes as automakers, threatened by possible shortages of lithium for EV batteries, are racing to lock in supplies.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/lithium-deposit-found-us-may-be-among-worlds-largest-study-finds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I remember getting Thrify ice cream for 5 cents a scoop

Round scoop on the beige cones

Rainbow sherbet was one of my favorites

When I was 15,  when she was on a date, I used to take the keys for my sister's Fiat 124 Spyder and drive over the hill on Rosecrans to hit up the Thriftys on Beach Blvd. First time I had ever tried Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream and was hooked for life. 3 scoops for 15 cents was so unbelievable. 

At a family gathering last year I told my niece how I borrowed her mom's car for Ice Cream runs and Sis got mad at me for something that happened a damn long time ago. My younger brother Pete chimed in that I made him pay for mine since I was driving. She was so pissed I wish now I did it more often. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dog and owner

'Gentle giant' dog, at 250 pounds, eats an entire chicken daily as owner spends nearly $5K a year on food
Abu is a 2-year-old Turkish Malakali dog who can stand over 7 feet tall

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/gentle-giant-dog-250-eats-entire-chicken-daily-owner-spends-5k-year-food

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Dog and owner

'Gentle giant' dog, at 250 pounds, eats an entire chicken daily as owner spends nearly $5K a year on food
Abu is a 2-year-old Turkish Malakali dog who can stand over 7 feet tall

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/gentle-giant-dog-250-eats-entire-chicken-daily-owner-spends-5k-year-food

This owner needs a Costco membership.

• 3 weeks later...
Company promises to buy customer new car after fire torches everything but product

Company promises to buy customer new car after fire torches everything but product

"Built for life," is the marketing slogan for thermal flask manufacturer Stanley, and it appears one TikTok user has proved that point.

A TikTok video appearing to show a Stanley tumbler withstanding a car fire relatively unscathed has gone viral, and the company has gotten so much publicity it has promised to buy the not-so-unlucky car owner a replacement vehicle.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

"Built for life," is the marketing slogan for thermal flask manufacturer Stanley, and it appears one TikTok user has proved that point.

A TikTok video appearing to show a Stanley tumbler withstanding a car fire relatively unscathed has gone viral, and the company has gotten so much publicity it has promised to buy the not-so-unlucky car owner a replacement vehicle.

"The TikTok user then plucks the tumbler out of the car holder and gives it a little shake to remarkably reveal the sound of ice inside.  "Still has ice in it," she remarks."

that's nuts.