• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

@tdawg87 you are about to get a visitor.

Massachusetts game show winner gets trip to New Hampshire
https://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-game-show-winner-gets-233507972.html

It's kind of like those all expense paid trips to Disneyland.  When you are a So Cal resident, just doesn't have the same excitement.  

And you know, I'd be excited if I won a trip to New Hampshire with Tdawg showing me everything to see in the state for an hour.  

28 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's kind of like those all expense paid trips to Disneyland.  When you are a So Cal resident, just doesn't have the same excitement.  

And you know, I'd be excited if I won a trip to New Hampshire with Tdawg showing me everything to see in the state for an hour.  

Here you go. Now you can feel like you've been there.

IMG_20190518_102343098.jpg

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Sorry it's the winter now so it actually looks like this. 

IMG_20190518_102343098~2.jpg

Wave off Vancouver Island in 2020 was 'once-in-a-millennium' event, scientists say

Wave off Vancouver Island in 2020 was 'once-in-a-millennium' event, scientists say

A "once-in-a-millennium" wave that broke off the coast of Vancouver, British Columbia, in November 2020 is now considered to be the most "extreme" rogue wave ever recorded, Canadian scientists have found. 

A rogue wave is considered to be more than twice the height of other waves breaking around the same time.

The wave, detected off the tiny town of Ucluelet with a sensor buoy, was recorded at 17.6 meters tall or 57.7 feet while other swells around the same time were only 6 meters or 19.6 feet tall, making it three times higher, CTV News reported. 

"Only a few rogue waves in high sea states have been observed directly, and nothing of this magnitude," University of Victoria scientist Johannes Gemmrich, who co-led the research with Leah Cicon, said. "The probability of such an event occurring is once in 1,300 years."

Rogue waves are also sometimes called "freak" or "killer" waves and can be extremely dangerous because of their "unpredictability" and "sheer power," MarineLabs CEO Scott Beatty said.  

The first rogue wave ever recorded was off the coast of Norway in 1995. Known as the "Draupner wave," it was about 83.9 feet tall while other waves surrounding it were closer to 39 feet tall. 

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

A "once-in-a-millennium" wave that broke off the coast of Vancouver, British Columbia, in November 2020 is now considered to be the most "extreme" rogue wave ever recorded, Canadian scientists have found. 

A rogue wave is considered to be more than twice the height of other waves breaking around the same time.

The wave, detected off the tiny town of Ucluelet with a sensor buoy, was recorded at 17.6 meters tall or 57.7 feet while other swells around the same time were only 6 meters or 19.6 feet tall, making it three times higher, CTV News reported. 

"Only a few rogue waves in high sea states have been observed directly, and nothing of this magnitude," University of Victoria scientist Johannes Gemmrich, who co-led the research with Leah Cicon, said. "The probability of such an event occurring is once in 1,300 years."

Rogue waves are also sometimes called "freak" or "killer" waves and can be extremely dangerous because of their "unpredictability" and "sheer power," MarineLabs CEO Scott Beatty said.  

The first rogue wave ever recorded was off the coast of Norway in 1995. Known as the "Draupner wave," it was about 83.9 feet tall while other waves surrounding it were closer to 39 feet tall. 

See the source image

Day at the beach erupts into chaos after massive splash right next to swimmers

A helicopter crashed into the ocean near a crowded beach in Miami Beach on Saturday afternoon, according to the Miami Beach Police Department.

The incident happened around 1:10 p.m. on Saturday afternoon near the 10th Street Beach, and two individuals inside the helicopter were taken to a local hospital, police say.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-helicopter-crashes-into-ocean-near-crowded-beach

• 2 weeks later...