• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

I don't know Fletcher although I've met him a couple times, but just a hunch he isn't the type of guy that would use off the record information years down the road to either profit or to be the first to report a scandal. Not every reporter lacks integrity or is willing to burn bridges.

From my conversations with Fletcher here, he seems to be an upstanding guy who is willing to talk things out. He's never once gone on the defensive or become hostile in this thread, for instance, and that's important.

Not every reporter is at all willing to burn bridges, and some reporters have ethics. Absolutely. I'd be willing to wager that most of them do. I think the thing is, though, there have also been plenty of reporters who have seemed "nice" and "friendly" and have had a good rapport with their subjects - only to sell them out completely later on. As a subject, it wouldn't be at all foolhardy to presume that you have to be cautious with the press by default, because it's not always possible to tell who the snakes in the grass are. Especially when you're a young player and you haven't yet had much experience dealing with the media.

The controversial part of this Josh stuff is not the relationship of Josh to his teammates. It's the relationship of Josh to management. That's the area the guys are going to evasive about. And I don't think anyone in my story lied about that. They said "I don't know" or "I don't want to get involved in that" or "that has nothing to do with me."

I wouldn't doubt that at all. Anything the players say about the management situation could be contentious, especially in terms of personal opinions - if they agree with Arte and Dipoto they risk alienating Hamilton and pissing off the MLBPA; if they agree with Hamilton and criticize the front office, that won't end well either for them. It's probably safest and most prudent to keep their mouths shut on that issue.

There does seem to be a lot about the Hamilton case that nobody knows and/or nobody is willing to share, and yeah, it does seem to be between him and management .

And I want you to know I appreciate all the insights you've given on how you approach your job with the team. Thank you for sharing all of that with us!

It would be dumb to buy him out for 75-90% of his deal. Better to see if he can return and be semi-productive (the way he was last year).

I agree but who knows how messy it has gotten between the two sides behind the scenes.

Like said above, curious to know what it does to our payroll number going forward

I think the only trade possibility is Texas and we'd have to take on a terrible contract to get that done--Choo or Fielder....and I'm not sure he didn't burn all his bridges in Texas when he left.....doubt the Rangers would want the drama even if they shed a bad contract.... I did not think ARod would ever suit up again with the Yanks but he's off to a good start and that drama has died down (at least for now)....so, I still think Hamilton could end up back with the Angels....have a hard time seeing Arte eat even a discounted buy out...but if anybody has the guts to do it, it would be Arte...

Trading Hamilton to take on Choo or Fielder's contract makes zero sense for the Angels. Both players are making more from here on out than Hamilton is.

Choo and Fielder are making more by a considerable amount, especially Fielder....the only reason(s) it would make any sense are that no other team would even consider taking on Hamilton right now....Texas has the obvious past connection (and it's where he still lives in the offseason) and they would love to shed on of those contracts...But, again, I think bridges were burned when he left Texas so not sure that's a possibility.  From the Angels standpoint, I guess if you want rid of Hamilton badly enough and think Choo still has something left, you might consider it....Fielder doesn't make much sense, way too much money and you have Pujols at 1b...I  guess you could DH Fielder and let him play some 1b when Pujols is at DH but not for that amount of money--Fielder is owed double or more what Hamilton is...

25% off discount on his new contract.

He will play with Angels and Arte's bad image will fix.

Fans cheer up Josh, addiction support group cheer him up.

Matt Joyce not too scary at bat but 250 lb new Josh.

Soome players and his spokesman CJ said he is ready to go.

So good ending right?

?

25% off discount on his new contract.

He will play with Angels and Arte's bad image will fix.

Fans cheer up Josh, addiction support group cheer him up.

Matt Joyce not too scary at bat but 250 lb new Josh.

Soome players and his spokesman CJ said he is ready to go.

So good ending right?

This must be some horribly misguided attempt at haiku.

If Angels and Hamilton do settle what does that do to four tax? Does Hamilton contract get wiped off the books completely?

I don't believe there has been a contract that has been either voided or terminated early for less than the full value (since the tax has existed), which means we don't know.

It also tells you how unlikely that is to happen.

According to that story, several Angel players recently met with him and say he's ready to play.

Yeah, why are his teammates saying something to the effect of him "being ready" to play baseball again? 

Does this mean Angels' management feels otherwise?

It would be incredibly stupid to pay him 83 million to go away.  Put him back in the lineup and make him earn his money.  I really think that he has mentally checked out baseball wise so keep playing him until he gets fed up and retires.  There is no way he lasts 3 more years.

The Angels are a competitive team. Incredibly stupid to insert a black hole who has checked out. What's that saying about cutting off your nose to spite your face.