• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clinton to announce this weekend

Right now I don't see another realistic candidate on the Democratic side of the house. Biden is really a non-factor and won't run now that Hillary is and O'Malley may run. The fact that most everyone reading this said..."who is O'Malley"...tells you all you need to know about his chances. He's the former governor of Maryland.

Apparently Lincoln Chaffee announced two weeks ago, but nobody actually noticed until yesterday.

Warren has said repeatedly she will not run. There is no reason for her to...the issues she is strongest on can be better served in the Senate, and for a much longer period of time.

It will be interesting to see how hard she runs in the primary season. She had every advantage 8 years ago and blew it in part because her campaign was awful and they took a fait accompli approach and by the time they figured out they were in a horse race it was too late.

Maybe a protest candidate comes out of the woodwork...but I don't see who that is right now. 

Warren is the only one that might excite the lefties. 

Not true...plenty of people in the Democratic party like Clinton...and might even be excited about her candidacy. I'm not sure..personally I don't have an issue with her and I think I'm not tired with her as much as tired of people's constant and irrational focus on her. It will be interesting to see if Clinton reaches out to the left wing of the party or tries to play as a moderate. Regardless, I think you'll have plenty of people screaming that she is "hippy punching". Not sure why Democrats have to have Sister Souljah moments...but it appears to be the case.

Down the road I would expect people like Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, and others to pick up the more liberal wing of the parties banner.

Not true...plenty of people in the Democratic party like Clinton...and might even be excited about her candidacy. I'm not sure..personally I don't have an issue with her and I think I'm not tired with her as much as tired of people's constant and irrational focus on her. It will be interesting to see if Clinton reaches out to the left wing of the party or tries to play as a moderate. Regardless, I think you'll have plenty of people screaming that she is "hippy punching". Not sure why Democrats have to have Sister Souljah moments...but it appears to be the case.

Down the road I would expect people like Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, and others to pick up the more liberal wing of the parties banner.

My answer was to Geoff's question about anyone other than Clinton.

I think the dislike of Clinton just has a lot to do with perceived "lines of royalty".  People are just tired of the name. 

Regardless, she should win the presidency because the elephants have nobody that is exciting whatsoever.  Then, things will still be the same, we will still be in military action we shouldn't be in, we will still be spying on our own people, we will still have a government that works in the shadows and we will continue to spend money like a sailor on leave.  Not that all of this wouldn't have happened with a republican president because it would.

Huma Abedin, Clinton's personal chief of staff, is a Muslim with alleged ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

No worries there, right?

No, no worries...because you are actually reiterating debunked crap from Michelle Bachmann.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/michele-bachmanns-baseless-attack-on-huma-abedin/2012/07/19/gJQAFhkiwW_story.html

But nice try. 

It will be interesting to see how hard she runs in the primary season. She had every advantage 8 years ago and blew it in part because her campaign was awful and they took a fait accompli approach and by the time they figured out they were in a horse race it was too late.

That is ironic, because that is pretty much how Bill wound up in the White House. Going into the 1992 election cycle, most Democrats figured that George Bush, Sr. was firmly entrenched and that 1996 was their real chance. Several had mentally conceded 1992 because of Bush's popularity in the wake of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and Operation Desert Storm driving them out. Clinton emerged from the Democratic field, the public began to perceive Bush as being out of touch on domestic matters and the rest is history. Bush's campaign was based on the premise that his re-election was pretty much a certainty given the bounce from Kuwait, and by the time they knew that they were in trouble they had nothing to counter with.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

personally I don't have an issue with her and I think I'm not tired with her as much as tired of people's constant and irrational focus on her. 

I kind of get this.  But don't you think the focus on her (or the irrational focus as you call it) comes primarily from the fact that there is no other viable Dem that's going to throw their hat in the ring?  There's really no one else to focus on.  

There's been an onslaught of focus on Cruz and Paul, as there should be.  But on the left, she's the only game in town.  And there's sooooo much backstory with her and her family to focus on.  Not saying that makes any of it right (or wrong), but with today's 24/7 whorish media, you know this is what every candidate is going to get. 

I kind of get this.  But don't you think the focus on her (or the irrational focus as you call it) comes primarily from the fact that there is no other viable Dem that's going to throw their hat in the ring?  There's really no one else to focus on.  

There's been an onslaught of focus on Cruz and Paul, as there should be.  But on the left, she's the only game in town.  And there's sooooo much backstory with her and her family to focus on.  Not saying that makes any of it right (or wrong), but with today's 24/7 whorish media, you know this is what every candidate is going to get. 

To some degree yes...but I think it's more than that Geoff. Think about the crazy crap you see re: Clinton. Hell, she hasn't announced yet and the secret Muslim brotherhood crap has been posted. But I'm not sure it's limited to just Clinton, you see the same nonsense about Obama. I think that's just the nature of the fw: fw: fw:, right wing news media world. All this "backstory"...we've seen it all before...it's been repeatedly shown, time and again, there is nothing there. We've seen the Vince Foster, we've seen Whitewater, we've seen the travel office, we've seen the secret lesbian...we've seen the Benghazi...the concussion..Bill isn't Chelsea's father (maybe it's Bill Ayres?), 

decorated xmas tree with cockrings, she's a witch, etc. etc. etc.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/hillary-clinton-conspiracy-theories

So my quandry is this...I am so tired of that to the point where I kind of wish Clinton would go away...but that accomplishes their goal. I'm not really tired of her, but rather those flinging all the crap. And if it's not Clinton doesn't it just become the next Democratic candidate.