• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Seattle Mariners vs. Angels (4/6/2015 - Opening Day)

Chuck

Monday 4/6, 4:10 PM ET at Safeco Field

Angels @ Mariners

(0-0)

(0-0)

Jered Weaver, RHP
0-0, -.-- ERA
Weaver takes the ball for his franchise-record seventh Opening Day start and sixth in a row. The 32-year-old right-hander, entering his 10th season, won an American League-leading 18 games last year while posting a 3.59 ERA in 213 1/3 innings.

Felix Hernandez, RHP
0-0, -.-- ERA
The Mariners ace makes his club-record eighth Opening Day start and seventh straight, which will be the longest streak by any active Major Leaguer. Hernandez is 5-0 with a 1.52 ERA on Opening Day and beat the Angels in last year's debut in Anaheim.

Lineups coming soon! 

I like the lineup, but I must say we probably have the least conventional #4 and 5 hitters in MLB.

With that said, they'll now go a combined 7-10 with a HR, 3 2b's and 5 rbi.

true, but it's kinda semantics.  If you have Joyce leadoff, drop Calhoun to 3rd and let Pujols hit fourth or even just flip flop joyce and pujols then you are more in line with 'the book'.  They've done analysis up and down on this stuff and the difference over the course of a year is maybe around 10 runs or a win.  And of course, that's theoretical.  

Alright, first lineup debate....................

I'd like to see Cron higher up in the order.

I think he will eventually find his way into the 4th/5th spot as the season goes on. I think we see him hit 5th vs LHP already(though who knows)

Sosh has said before he likes to split the lineup into 2 parts. Cron 7th is like his 2nd cleanup hitter or something along those lines.