• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Five Bold Predictions

I'm sorry but I just an not in the AP camp.  I don't even see him hitting 600 career HR. I WANT him to have the best season of his Angels career but I just don't see it.  I also believe the FO feels that they have the players in place to replace Kendrick at 2nd base.  I don't really care which one of the 4 it is. The other 3 predictions I could see happening.

I that that's why I consider them bold. .290 44 doubles and 33 HR's, those are nearly MVP numbers, certainly worthy of all-star. No one sees Albert doing that.

As for Cron, he has so many doubters, him being anything but replacement level is bold. But I'm a believer. .280 35 doubles and 25 home runs, those are borderline all star.

Thanks 10-8, it is optimistic, but since every article out there right now is painting the Angels in a negative light, be that the Ham situation or predicting they finish a distant 3rd, I thought I'd post some positivity out there.

The Angels just seem to be one of those teams everyone hates unless they're a fan. No one really disregards them, it's blatant hatred from the media back east, from NY and BOS fans, from Texas, the Pacific Northwest, from LA Dodger fans.

They had a good season and now everyone is rooting for them to fail.

1. I hear what you are saying, but Rucinski may be more useful as an all-purpose type. Of course once Richards comes back and assuming Heaney comes up, Santiago goes back to that role, so yeah, I agree.

2. I agree and was thinking similarly, although maybe a few less doubles.

3. I can see it. I still want to see Kubitza starting next year, though.

4. I agree.

5. Maybe. It is hard to see one of Giavotella, Featherston, Rutledge, and Green not working out, but Dipoto seems to have 2B earmarked for Yarbrough long-term.

1. I hear what you are saying, but Rucinski may be more useful as an all-purpose type. Of course once Richards comes back and assuming Heaney comes up, Santiago goes back to that role, so yeah, I agree.

2. I agree and was thinking similarly, although maybe a few less doubles.

3. I can see it. I still want to see Kubitza starting next year, though.

4. I agree.

5. Maybe. It is hard to see one of Giavotella, Featherston, Rutledge, and Green not working out, but Dipoto seems to have 2B earmarked for Yarbrough long-term.

1. I think that's basically what I envision. He'll pitch well enough in the next couple weeks that once Richards returns, they'll send Alvarez down instead. Morin, Smith and Street will continue doing their thing, but Salas will begin to give up too many hits, Pestano may have trouble with consistency and Ramos will be the lone lefty. That leaves Rucinski. He'll evolve into the role and run with it. Eventually, I think Santiago ends up in the pen and Heaney in the rotation. Alvarez looks better than before butbimmnotbentirely convinced of his ability yet.

2. I dunno, he hit 50 before so I think it's possible.

3. I think the result of Freese's solid season is that he gets Headley-money in the market next year and nets the Angels a draft pick. I'm all-aboard the Kubitza train. He looks pretty rocky in the field but I love his approach and swing.

4. Looks like the real deal to me.

5. Here's another possibility, the Dodgers signed Oliveira and will have Guerrero as potential fits at 2B. They may let Howie walk. It's possible he's an Angel next year and they trade Yarbrough after a solid season in AAA. But I can't see that happening though, the team seems too interested in his bat and how far his glove has come to simply cut bait.

i like them all.    the last one in my mind is the toughest one...but i think they will want to see him up and what he can do for part of season...otherwise in same boat next year...if johnG is smoking though it could risk his mojo...i think he will hold the fort. 

1. I think that's basically what I envision. He'll pitch well enough in the next couple weeks that once Richards returns, they'll send Alvarez down instead. Morin, Smith and Street will continue doing their thing, but Salas will begin to give up too many hits, Pestano may have trouble with consistency and Ramos will be the lone lefty. That leaves Rucinski. He'll evolve into the role and run with it. Eventually, I think Santiago ends up in the pen and Heaney in the rotation. Alvarez looks better than before butbimmnotbentirely convinced of his ability yet.

2. I dunno, he hit 50 before so I think it's possible.

3. I think the result of Freese's solid season is that he gets Headley-money in the market next year and nets the Angels a draft pick. I'm all-aboard the Kubitza train. He looks pretty rocky in the field but I love his approach and swing.

4. Looks like the real deal to me.

5. Here's another possibility, the Dodgers signed Oliveira and will have Guerrero as potential fits at 2B. They may let Howie walk. It's possible he's an Angel next year and they trade Yarbrough after a solid season in AAA. But I can't see that happening though, the team seems too interested in his bat and how far his glove has come to simply cut bait.

1. Alvarez is another sleeper. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the spot of Ramos or Pestano.

2. We're picking nits.

3. I'd be surprised if he got Headley money, or at least not Headley years, but if he has a good season maybe someone gives him 3/$40M. But that's a best case scenario. Interesting thing, though, is that he probably realizes--if only because his agent has told him--that the difference between 1/$8M and 3/$40M is one good year, so Freese will be playing for his family's future.

4. I really hope what we've seen in ST is a sign that he's put it together and adjusted to major league pitching.

5. That seems like a long-shot. I see Yarbrough as a future .280/.700 hitter, which in these days is above average for a second baseman and not far behind Howie. Not to mention that the other four second basemen, all of whom could at least be serviceable regulars. Bringing Howie back is just not cost-effective when the Angels have so many decent options for league minimum.

Pimp's BOLD prediction

The Angels are hovering around the .500 mark

Hamilton returns to the team after rehabbing his shoulder.

The players welcome him with open arms and start to rally around him .

The Angels go on a terror and easily win the West division

In the end the Angels become the 2015 Champions and carry Josh off the field in celebration.

Thanks 10-8, it is optimistic, but since every article out there right now is painting the Angels in a negative light, be that the Ham situation or predicting they finish a distant 3rd, I thought I'd post some positivity out there.

The Angels just seem to be one of those teams everyone hates unless they're a fan. No one really disregards them, it's blatant hatred from the media back east, from NY and BOS fans, from Texas, the Pacific Northwest, from LA Dodger fans.

They had a good season and now everyone is rooting for them to fail.

Preparation-H%20rectal%20ointa678a545-9d

Props on the Featherston call. If I remember correctly you had him before the Rule 5 draft began. If he makes the team... well done.

It wasn't too hard to call to be honest.  I looked at the roster, figured they wouldn't give UT to Green because of defense, saw it was too late in FA to sign anyone worth it.  Figured they wouldn't promote Stamets after the year he had in AA.  Started looking at top Rule-5 eligible players, picked out the top infielders, saw Featherston at the top and the fact that he was in the COL organization, which Dipoto loves to pillage. 

I think anyone else would've reached the same conclusion, I just happen to be the one that did the homework and make the call. 

I like all of these but #5.  If Yarborough ends up the 2bman by the ASB, that means that several other options have failed.  If Gvo doesn't perform, they might give Featherston some reps.  If he doesn't seem to fit then Rutledge will get a look.  If they are in it at the break and none of those guys are doing anything then they will trade for a veteran guy.  So Alex being the guy means that everyone else has failed and the team is likely not playing well overall.  

Pimp's BOLD prediction

The Angels are hovering around the .500 mark

Hamilton returns to the team after rehabbing his shoulder.

The players welcome him with open arms and start to rally around him .

The Angels go on a terror and easily win the West division

In the end the Angels become the 2015 Champions and carry Josh off the field in celebration.

I'm a believer too....

635495083418330024-AP-DO-BIGFOOT-DCOV-16