• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UC Irvine students ban the US flag

Hmmm, I wonder if the wording was to say all flags knowing they couldn't just ban the US flag. Yah think?

Well, of course it was. It's still...wait for it...disingenuous to call it a ban on the American flag. No other flags were allowed.

I'm not sure if this is a real post or not but I'll counter that by saying that the "flag" also gives the government the "right" to imprison any American for any reason for any amount of time without charge or trial. Just one of the many atrocities the "flag allows".

What did I put in my post that was wrong? I never said that we are perfect but I find it ironic what these students are doing. 

My point to Vladdy was and this isn't a bash on you Vladdy, if you aren't proud of your country, what country would you be proud to be a part of? If the answer is no where then I think the problem is more your perception versus the reality of our country.

I can see that. I guess I was disturbed by your assertion that certain types of free speech are "stupid". What do you mean by that?

Also, free speech isn't rare throughout the world. It's not like being able to speak your mind is a uniquely American trait. Not even close.

Some uses of free speech.

To me the pledge is kind of creepy. Lining up kids to pledge their allegiance (another word for obedience) to a country no matter what has never seemed right to me.

Agreed. I remain silent at the beginning of Angels games when the Star-Spangled Banner is played. It's no disrespect to our veterans (that includes Arte Moreno) or the founding fathers. I just don't believe in reciting irrelevant wartime poems in order to feel part of the herd.

I especially don't like reciting those words when I disagree with what our country is doing militarily right now.

Edited by Lawrence