• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Found out townhouse has a tax lien

My wife and I were in the process of buying a townhouse in Northern Virginia. We had the home inspection and everything and were set to close on March 13. Today we just found out the property has a $120,000 tax lien. The seller offered that we can live there with a reduced rent until he figures out the tax lien. Supposedly he did not know about it, but I don't really believe it.

Have any of you been in this situation. Now the lease to our apartment ends on March 31st and we don't have anywhere to live. Awesome! 

if you don't mind moving closer to the action, there'll be a place opening up on pennsylvania avenue in a couple of years, but it's on the maryland side of the potomac.

Edited by Tank

The greens are such a rip off.

maybe, but it comes with a full time gardening staff so you never really have to worry about the upkeep. they'll even plant flowers for you, plus there's already a giant Christmas tree on the grounds!

maybe, but it comes with a full time gardening staff so you never really have to worry about the upkeep. they'll even plant flowers for you, plus there's already a giant Christmas tree on the grounds!

Just got it ha ha ha. I guess I can throw my hat into the ring and see if I get elected. As president I will ensure Josh Hamilton gets traded for Sean Burroghs. Yes the Sean Burroghs of the Bridgeport Blue Fish.

Wish I was but nope. Looks like we are just forgetting about the house. Hopefully they give us the earnest money back.

Uh, you better get that earnest money back.  I think the fact that the d-bag seller not disclosing the lien could be considered a breach of contract.  How does someone not know they have a $120K lien on their house for taxes?  

Nothing to do here but move on or rent from him.

He can't close with a lien on the property. Renting just means at anytime you can get an eviction notice if the county decides to collect....not usual, but not worth the risk.

You'll get your deposit back, you only lose it if you qualify and back out...even as a buyer there is the trick of suddenly not qualifying from the lender to get your money back. Sucks, but best to move on and look for a new house. At best it will take him a while to clear up the lien.