• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our current SP depth chart

This simply amazes me. A few months ago we were hoping Mulder could be a solid #5 and debating whether Randy Wolfe or our bullpen should start games down the stretch.

This list doesn't even include Rasmus (who I really like)  or an injured Skaggs.

Well played JD......well played 

I wouldn't be opposed to adding another vet sp down the line whether it be in St or if we're in the hunt come the trade deadline

I'm kind of surprised we haven't grabbed Chris Young on a cheap 1 year deal. My guess is he wants a guaranteed ML spot and the Angels want the ability to stash him in AAA.

Until CJ figures out how to throw a strike, I'd knock him down a notch in that depth chart.

I agree. I was shocked to see Shoe so low. For the record I just copied and pasted it from angels baseball .com, I wasn't suggesting that should be the order. I'd actually put Santiago ahead of CJ too. 

A bunch of names other guys have already said, Rasmus, Rucinski, Smith, McGowin, and Ramos is an emergency starter. Don't forget about all the pen depth! Rasmus, Pestano, McBryde, Reynolds, Bedrosian, Gott, Hayes, Mahle, Lindstrom, Morin, Salas, Ramos, Smith and Street. DEEEEPTH. 

what Dipoto has done with the rotation has been amazing. Even if most of these guys don't work out according to plan, to get young, cost-controlled talent like that, with very few trade assets or money left in the budget to do so - it's by far the highlight of his tenure so far.

+1

Here are some fun predictions pulled out of...well nowhere.

1. By the end of the year, Weav is the #3 starter and 5th in terms of effectiveness.

2. Richards is considered one of the top 3 in the AL.

3. Both Tropeano and Heaney are in the rotation and are meeting considerable success.

4. If you discount Wilson, 5 of the Angels starters will have an ERA under 4.

Weaver

Richards

Wilson

Shoemaker

Heaney

Santiago

Tropeano

Rucinski

Alvarez

That's 9 starters who can easily start in 2015. Then you have Smith and McGowin who should be ready by 2016, and Skaggs will be back then as well. So in 2016 the Angels will have:

Weaver

Richards

Wilson

Shoemaker

Heaney

Santiago

Tropeano

Skaggs

Alvarez

McGowin

Smith

Rucinski

That's 12 starters deep. Twelve. Not to mention Rasmus and the possibility of Newcomb coming up quickly.

I......I need a minute.