• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels owner Arte Moreno says team 'nowhere' with negotiations for new Angel Stadium lease

AngelsWin.com

He can't even threaten to move to LA without being the 4th sports owner to do that this month.

Seems silly that they can't find a compromise. Surely there's a number greater than $1 that Anaheim would accept that would still be good for Arte's development partners.

The Angels are moving to Tustin. Angels Stadium would need to be renevated from the ground up and the city simply won't let them do that and take advantage of the area around it. It's worth too much money to the city, and Disney.

Meanwhile Tustin would not only have room for the stadium but would allow Arte to develop the land around it.

The only hiccup really is that it would all come from Arte's pocket and that Tustin firmly won't allow them to go by the name LA. I think it'd take sizeable investments from outside investors and the Angels would either have to go by Tustin Angels or go back to California Angels.

The Angels are moving to Tustin. Angels Stadium would need to be renevated from the ground up and the city simply won't let them do that and take advantage of the area around it. It's worth too much money to the city, and Disney.

Meanwhile Tustin would not only have room for the stadium but would allow Arte to develop the land around it.

The only hiccup really is that it would all come from Arte's pocket and that Tustin firmly won't allow them to go by the name LA. I think it'd take sizeable investments from outside investors and the Angels would either have to go by Tustin Angels or go back to California Angels.

Arte will sell the team for about $1.2 billion and retire before he spends $750,000,000 of his own money to build a stadium. 

I don't htink he's going to spend it all on his own.  Investors.  Lots of them.  Will probably need to name the stadium after the largest investor.  He might spend 150 million of his own money.  The rest as I said comes from others.  He'd still own the Angels, but the stadium itself would likely be owned by a conglomeration. 

Besides, I think Arte's well aware of a simple, unwavering law.  You can't take that money with you to the after-life.  He's not in it to make sure he dies with billions of dollars.  But the ownership of a professional sports team, billboard empire and part ownership of one of the premier stadiums on the West Coast would definitely set whoever his descendants are for ridiculous profit. 

I love the stadium and would prefer they just fix it. But there has to be a reason they say the infrastructure is failing.

As long as the stadium is no danger to the fans, Arte and the city will continue to defer any major renovations. Arte doesn't want to spend $150,000,000 of his own money to fix somebody else's stadium. He's already on the hook (Disney lease agreement) to do those repairs if he chooses to stay but he could stretch out those repairs over the next 10 years by doing a little at a time. I think he will sell the team and let the next owner deal with it if he doesn't get the land deal. 

If Arte really wanted a new stadium he would have started talks with other cities years back and had different stadium designs already drawn up.

Planning and designing a new stadium takes 10+ years in most cases. 3 years of construction is the fastest part of the entire process.

Stadiums don't take 3 years to construct. Especially baseball stadiums. The new Minnesota domed stadium they are building here will only take 2 years and that includes demolishing the old one. A baseball stadium can be built on empty land in 1.5 years.