• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels owner Arte Moreno says team 'nowhere' with negotiations for new Angel Stadium lease

AngelsWin.com

Stadiums don't take 3 years to construct. Especially baseball stadiums. The new Minnesota domed stadium they are building here will only take 2 years and that includes demolishing the old one. A baseball stadium can be built on empty land in 1.5 years.

That's the actual construction. Any city that plans to build a stadium must start with an environmental impact study which usually takes 2+ years to complete. You have surrounding freeways, roads, industry, utilities and homes to take into consideration. Any team that wishes to move to a new city must get permission from MLB. That process takes time and is usually met with litigation from the teams current city.

Arte might be ready for Tustin but Tustin and MLB need at least 5-7 years to get ready for Arte.

Edited by CALZONE

That's the actually construction. Any city that plans to build a stadium must start with an environmental impact study which usually takes 2+ years to complete. You have surrounding freeways, roads, industry, utilities and homes to take into consideration. Any team that wishes to move to a new city must get permission from MLB. That process takes time and is usually met with litigation from the teams current city.

Arte might be ready for Tustin but Tustin and MLB need at least 5-7 years to get ready for Arte.

I was only disputing how long it takes to construct a stadium.

The article makes it clear, Arte really feels no time pressure to do anything now.

what I read into his comments is that Arte and the Halos are quietly assessing other options (without really doing much to move on those options).

meanwhile, City of Anaheim needs to come back to the table -- no matter whether you like or dis-like the prior proposal/offer extended to the Angels on a 4 to 1 vote only to be, apparently, unilaterally rescinded by the Mayor, -- it was a bad faith tactic by the City to pull back from a city council approved offer that the Angels were willing to accept.

so, unless the City puts that offer back on the table, I don't see much hope for City/ Halos (Arte) negotiations.

Now the NFL is getting serious about the Los Angeles region.

And it looks as downtown Farmer's Field is going to be left out of the NFL picture.

If I am Arte, I look to Farmer's Field as the future home of the LOS ANGELES ANGELS.

Carson is wooing the Raiders and Chargers -- perhaps one of them winds up in Anaheim -- although, the Chargers are the prize and the Raiders are a team with a lousy current situation, a somewhat faithful Raider Nation fan base (and all the attendant problems that brings) and, really, no place to go.  The Chargers bring money to the table.

Meanwhile, Rams appear headed to Inglewood where the owner owns the property near the old Forum.

The article makes it clear, Arte really feels no time pressure to do anything now.

what I read into his comments is that Arte and the Halos are quietly assessing other options (without really doing much to move on those options).

meanwhile, City of Anaheim needs to come back to the table -- no matter whether you like or dis-like the prior proposal/offer extended to the Angels on a 4 to 1 vote only to be, apparently, unilaterally rescinded by the Mayor, -- it was a bad faith tactic by the City to pull back from a city council approved offer that the Angels were willing to accept.

so, unless the City puts that offer back on the table, I don't see much hope for City/ Halos (Arte) negotiations.

Now the NFL is getting serious about the Los Angeles region.

And it looks as downtown Farmer's Field is going to be left out of the NFL picture.

If I am Arte, I look to Farmer's Field as the future home of the LOS ANGELES ANGELS.

Carson is wooing the Raiders and Chargers -- perhaps one of them winds up in Anaheim -- although, the Chargers are the prize and the Raiders are a team with a lousy current situation, a somewhat faithful Raider Nation fan base (and all the attendant problems that brings) and, really, no place to go. The Chargers bring money to the table.

Meanwhile, Rams appear headed to Inglewood where the owner owns the property near the old Forum.

The Dodgers will surely block a move to anywhere near that location. I think that Arte will sell the team if he can't work out a deal with the City of Anaheim.

Environmental wouldn't go well for a Baseball field in that area.  Football barely got through because it would only be in use for a few days a year on Sunday, and the approval was only for a Football stadium.

Baseball runs week long.  And putting a stadium in that area, would make traffic a huge nightmare.  Although I wouldn't mind because I could then take the train there and be there in 10 minutes.  

Edited by gotbeer

Stadiums usually are planned 4-5 years in advance and built with the idea they'll be completed in 2 years. If Moreno commits in 2016, that means they can have a new stadium for the 2020 season.

I think there's no way they get Farmers Field in downtown LA. If I'm not mistaken that's Dodger territory and there's no way they or MLB would allow the Angels to move there.

I think it's Tustin, I think the city gives Moreno the surrounding land in return for the city not paying anything. As for the name, Moreno is big on drawing fans in with a name. Los Angeles is obviously the name they want but Tustin has said no. If they don't soften their stance we may see the Angels go back to California Angels.

Stadiums usually are planned 4-5 years in advance and built with the idea they'll be completed in 2 years. If Moreno commits in 2016, that means they can have a new stadium for the 2020 season.

I think there's no way they get Farmers Field in downtown LA. If I'm not mistaken that's Dodger territory and there's no way they or MLB would allow the Angels to move there.

I think it's Tustin, I think the city gives Moreno the surrounding land in return for the city not paying anything. As for the name, Moreno is big on drawing fans in with a name. Los Angeles is obviously the name they want but Tustin has said no. If they don't soften their stance we may see the Angels go back to California Angels.

Just to clarify all two-team markets, except for some strange reason the Bay Area, are overlapped territories. That means that theoretically the Cubs would have no power to stop the White Sox from building a new ballpark on the North Side, or the Mets from stopping a new Yankee Stadium in Queens, etc. and the Dodgers couldn't stop a new Angels stadium near LA Live. Now there may be other logistical, political or financial reasons why that wouldn't happen but MLB territorial restriction isn't one of them.