• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

Way back when I was doing tape qc I bought a set of Senheiser headphones at the guitar store on Sunset Blvd. Best headphones for my needs, they were open air and lightweight unlike the Koss, Panasonic and Sony brands that weighed a ton and had heavily padded earpieces that made you sweat and chafed after a couple hours. They lasted about ten years, well worth the money.

Edited by notti

Way back when I was doing tape qc I bought a set of Senheiser headphones at the guitar store on Sunset Blvd. Best headphones for my needs, they were open air and lightweight unlike the Koss, Panasonic and Sony brands that weighed a ton and had heavily padded earpieces that made you sweat and chafed after a couple hours. They lasted about ten years, well worth the money.

I am sure you can replace them with a pair of Beats and a Raiders cap.

I had a chiropractor who's brother worked for Monster in the Beats division, even free he preferred his Klipsch ones. He had me try them and I liked them a bit better than the Beats. Probably should have bought those, but I use and dig my chicks Beats so I got a pair. You don't really appreciate wireless until you use them and they don't get tangled in gym equipment or get caught on something.

in the late 70s my mom worked the paramedic calls in the ER at her hospital. they used sennheiser headphones so they could hear the radio calls clearly. when they went to replace the old headphones, she picked them up and gave them to me. best headphones i ever had, and i would gladly buy another pair of sennheisers again.

Some months ago, I purchased a portable AC unit.  It wasn't cheap, but I figured it would be good to have because I was fed up with heatwaves and I know that September and October are often among the hottest months in southern California.  I thought it best to purchase it before it got to crazy hot and there was a run on the things.

One of the best purchases I've ever made.  I keep it in my bedroom and put it on blast, close the door, and hang in there.  It works magic and cools the room in literally a few minutes.

I went to by one for my mom last week.  All gone.  And I have to special order it for delivery to the store (Home Depot).  

So this dude was involved in a hit and run about half a mile away.  Hit a few cars, maybe a pedestrian, then booked it.  Turned on my street about 1/4 mile up, and hit a few more cars.  Guess went through the busy intersection and tried to turn onto a sidestreet and his suv was so jacked up at this point that he ran his car straight into a wall.  

Luckily a few people who witnessed the initial crash including one that got hit followed him.  So he was rambling on about did I hit your car, and I don't have my hearing aide on.  Pacing back and forth, occassionally getting into his car.  And trying to start it.  

Fire department came, and the guy booked it on foot.  Which didn't make the people happy, so they chased them and eventually the police caught up to him and arrested him.

Traffic division of LAPD was not happy.  Because it turned out to be 4 different scenes where the guy hit something.  

A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman he had ever seen boarding the plane. He soon realized she was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took the seat right beside his. Eager to strike up a conversation he blurted out, “Business trip or pleasure?”

She turned, smiled and said, “Business. I’m going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Boston."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen sitting next to him, and she was going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs!

Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, “What’s your business at this convention?”

“Lecturer,” she responded. “I use information that I have learned from my personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality.”

“Really?” he said. “And what kind of myths are there?”

“Well,” she explained, “one popular myth is that African-American men are the most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is men of Mexican descent who are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with absolutely the best stamina is the Southern Redneck.”

Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed.. “I’m sorry,” she said, “I shouldn't really be discussing all of this with you. I don’t even know your name.”

“Tonto,” the man said. “Tonto Gonzales, but my friends call me Bubba".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure my new #1 pet peeve is people trying to enter an elevator before people exit.

This is something that's been moving up on my list of pet peeves.  We have an elevator in our office building and generally people trying to enter before you get off is because they don't anticipate anyone being in there.  I know I've done it but obviously I back up and let the people out first.  In the last few weeks we had new tenants move in and some of them won't let you out before getting on.  The first time it happened I had a Dave Chapelle keeping it real moment.