• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

V Mart re-signed with the Tigers

Yeah and he'll be in the line up every day since he's a dh.

ok. i'm not trying to convince you, but you're right...guys only break down from defense. maybe the contract will work out great for the tigers, but i don't like paying old players, it doesn't have a strong history. the tigers could have let him go and got some really good years out of him or they could've QO him. paying him 15 million on a one year deal wouldn't hurt either of them, but they didn't do that. they locked up a 36 year old for four years, and paid him 17 million aav.

martinez is 35 right now...36 next month. 17 million dollars a year from 36-39.

Which is still >>>>>>>>>>> average of some $27 million/season for ages 35-41 for Pujols.

But +1 to maneuvering towards Pujols becoming fulltime DH in 2 years, and in the meantime increasing DH starts each season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Which is still >>>>>>>>>>> average of some $27 million/season for ages 35-41 for Pujols.

But +1 to maneuvering towards Pujols becoming fulltime DH in 2 years, and in the meantime increasing DH starts each season.

i hear you. the pujols contract is nearly infinitely worse than the martinez contract, both existing in the realm of things you should not do.

Cabrera's will be equal to Alberts.

cabrera's is functionally 9/270 from today, for a 30 million per year average. he will turn 32 the beginning of the next season. so they will be paying him 30 million per year until he is 41.

pujols' contract is 7/189, for a 27 million per year average. this season will be his age 35 season. the angels will be paying him until he is 42.

i've excluded bonuses and personal services contracts because who knows what will be met and they're not really that impactful. like we both said, both contracts suck, but i think the tigers are going to get more out of cabrera than we are of pujols, but that's just my opinion.