• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Hamilton trade that makes sense for both teams

Erstad Grit

people need to stop with the Hamilton trades. Like it or not, he's not going anywhere. If he had been healthy all year and simply not produced, I'd say there's a chance they look to trade him. But if you're Arte, you've bet on this horse and you haven't even really seen what he can do yet when healthy. 

Come next June if he's still a trainwreck, then something will probably be done. But until then he will be given every opportunity to succeed in an Angels uniform.

He was healthy in year 1 and stunk. He was healthy the 2nd half this season(unitl September) and stunk. His little hot streak to start the year was 2 weeks worth, which happens all the time to every player over the course of a season. I don't have much hope for him but yes, they are stuck with him and aren't going to cut bait(yet) with 3 years left and so much money still owed to him

I fully expect him to not finish out his entire contract here though.

He was healthy in year 1 and stunk. He was healthy the 2nd half this season(unitl September) and stunk. His little hot streak to start the year was 2 weeks worth, which happens all the time to every player over the course of a season. I don't have much hope for him but yes, they are stuck with him and aren't going to cut bait(yet) with 3 years left and so much money still owed to him

i don't necessarily disagree with you, I'm just trying to look at it from the FO's perspective. They can write off the first year for all the usual b.s. reasons (first year on a new team, life adjustments, etc), and last year he looked good until that thumb injury, and who knows it may have nagged him the rest of the year. They have to at least see what he does with a fresh slate and hopefully full health next season.

But I do agree, I'd be shocked if he finishes out his contract here. Seems to be headed in a Wells-ian direction.

The funny thing about the Angels' big dollar signings is when they go south, they go south immediately.

Moo wrenched his ankle about three innings into his first game as an Angel.

GMJ had needles delivered to him before his first spring training.

Pujols was here almost two months before his first home run.

Hamilton showed up to Spring Training looking like Skeletor due to his 'juice diet'.

Its usually downhill as soon as the ink is dry.

Front office thought he was good to go, and over his troubles, on Aug 30, 2013.

When the discussion turns to off-the-field issues, his new GM politely declines to engage in that line of conversation. But when asked how confident he is that the Angels will some day see the Josh Hamilton who still has approximately $110 remaining on his deal over the next four years, Jerry Dipoto replies: "Very confident, actually."

"He's still a naturally gifted player," Dipoto said. "I believe in those natural gifts. And I believe we'll see the Josh Hamilton we're familiar with as we move forward. It's been a difficult transition. But I believe we're seeing a guy who has taken off, based on what he's done over the last three weeks, and we'll have that guy moving forward. I still think the upside of what he can do is tremendous."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9615491/what-happened-josh-hamilton

a little bonus from the article

mlb_a_hamilton1x_300.jpg

I'm gonna pass on that one. Choo didn't have a good year but I'm confident he'll be better. He was hurt all year and he's a very smart hitter. Choo's contract is huge and expensive, but even toward the end I think he'll at least be moderately productive. One way or the other, Hamilton won't even be on the field for the last 1+ years of his current deal.

This about sums it up for me also

I think we will see him as our #6 hitter unless he finds his stroke again. Howie will more than likely bat fourth unless we sign a legitimate DH. I am guessing we will see Freese back after his solid, not great, but solid second half. He will bat fifth.

Not sure I would sign a DH....Pujols and Hamilton will need to DH more and more in the future...

I think we will see him as our #6 hitter unless he finds his stroke again. Howie will more than likely bat fourth unless we sign a legitimate DH. I am guessing we will see Freese back after his solid, not great, but solid second half. He will bat fifth.

I think you're right and it scares me. I don't like having as streaky a hitter as Howie in the clean-up spot. He also doesn't hit enough HRs. Hamilton is not the solution unless he returns to form. I honestly don't know who the answer is at DH/clean-up.

Edited by WallyWorld

Howie batting fourth and Freese fifth doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about next year's offense.