• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I actually like the Athletics, but...

Angelsjunky

...I really, really don't want them to beat KC, and then beat the Angels. That would be the nightmare scenario. I just had to voice this fear, especially considering some are writing the A's off as a non-serious threat.

Now if they did beat the Angels, after I mourned I would actually root for them to win, because I like the club and want Beane to get his championship, if for no other reason than to make the Beane-haters STFU. But I really hope it doesn't get to that point. The Angels losing to the Athletics would be...OK, I don't want to talk about it anymore.

If they beat the Halos then I'll probably vomit. That will be just about the worst thing that could happen. Then the choking angle goes away, all the announcers will be talking about their limitless commitment and drive to succeed, and we'll look like a bunch of ****ing clowns. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

Actually, the third-worst-case scenario for the playoffs is the As beating us and then losing to the Dodgers in the WS.  The worst-case is us not advancing out of the ALDS.  Second-worst is us losing to the Dodgers in the WS.

Prior to this year, and even at the start of this year, the Angels were the As' bitch.  Oakland owned us, pure and simple.  I think the scorn for Beane is in large part due to the fact that for the moment, we're on top of them for once.  That said, it is a bit refreshing to see the perceived smugness of the As knocked down a notch or two.