• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you rather...

Taylor

62 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Pole

• Have the Angels win the World Series followed by three losing seasons.
    • Have the Angels make the playoffs four seasons in a row but never win the World Series.

As a fan, I want to see my favorite sports teams win as many championships as they can during my lifetime, so yeah, I'll take the WS title over playoff berths. I've seen countless playoff berths and countless losing seasons, but only one championship.

Been a fan since '79 and the 2002 season was incredibly special when you look at all those other years in context. I'll take the championship. Teams lose all the time and there can only be one winner. 3 years is nothing to get over.

True, but when everybody's saying "geez the Angels suck" for the next 3 years, you'll be going, "yeah, but 2014" like a pathetic Raiders fan.

Raider fans are pathetic because their success was 40 years ago and they're still talking smack. If your team's championship is in this century, you're allowed to talk

Whats the point of making the postseason if you dont ever win?  It just ends with frustration and disappointment every time.  I would rather win 1 world series and 9 losing seasons in 10 years, then to make the playoffs for 10 years straight and never win.  Nobody cares about division championships or wild card berths.

Do you realize how awful that would be to endure 9 losing seasons, even if there was a WS victory at the beginning of it?

That would suck, but I'd still be happy with the WS win. Making the playoffs 9 straight years and not winning anything is kinda shitty. The Angels would basically be known as a team that blows their wad in the regular season but can't win when it matters.

Then again these are all hypotheticals. I'm guessing this team would win at least one WS in that stretch.

Poll results illustrate the instant gratification society we live in.

I took the second option.  I wouldn't want to spend the next 4 summers watching a losing team.

In the 1st option, we would have a chance to win our 3rd WS title in 17 seasons. 

In the 2nd option, we have a chance to win our 2nd WS title in 18 years.

It's a no-brainer

I am surprised the other way. I am surprised so many would sacrifice title of World Champions.

I would rather be the Marlins 1997-2003

Than the 1990-94 Atlanta Braves.

even if you take Braves WS title in 1995. The Marlins are two time World Champions.

Surprised to see so many people desperate for a WS victory that they're willing to endure several non-competitive seasons in a row.

Edited by stormngt

Do you realize how awful that would be to endure 9 losing seasons, even if there was a WS victory at the beginning of it?

Who cares about a winning season if it doesnt result in a championship?  So you would rather endure 10 straight years of winning seasons only to be extremely dissappointed at the end of every year?  But its alright because at least you got to watch a few months of solid baseball right? You sir have a losers mentality.  

Theres only one goal in all sports and thats to win a championship.  Nothing else matters.  Certainly not your summer extravaganza's for you and the kids at the ballpark.  

Who cares about a winning season if it doesnt result in a championship?  So you would rather endure 10 straight years of winning seasons only to be extremely dissappointed at the end of every year?  But its alright because at least you got to watch a few months of solid baseball right? You sir have a losers mentality.  

Lol. I would be much more disappointed in a losing season than a playoff season, regardless of the outcome. Three playoff seasons > three losing seasons.