• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you rather...

Taylor

62 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Pole

• Have the Angels win the World Series followed by three losing seasons.
    • Have the Angels make the playoffs four seasons in a row but never win the World Series.

This scenario came up in another thread. Personally, I'd rather have the latter. 

Obviously, this would be dependent on not actually knowing the outcomes of any of these hypothetical seasons. If you were to choose via a genie in a bottle, the genie would immediately erase the memory of your choice.

Whats the point of making the postseason if you dont ever win?  It just ends with frustration and disappointment every time.  I would rather win 1 world series and 9 losing seasons in 10 years, then to make the playoffs for 10 years straight and never win.  Nobody cares about division championships or wild card berths.

This scenario came up in another thread. Personally, I'd rather have the latter. 

Obviously, this would be dependent on not actually knowing the outcomes of any of these hypothetical seasons. If you were to choose via a genie in a bottle, the genie would immediately erase the memory of your choice.

No, you don't want the latter.

So basically would you rather be a Marlins fan or an A's fan. That's such a tough question. I can tell you that this board would be a much better place with the A's scenario. In the last four years before this one we had a season where we won 92 and 87 games and most on this board call them "losing seasons". Imagine this place if the team went back to early 90's Angels. It would be tough. I still think I would tolerate that for another championship. My final opinion would be based on what scenario improves our chances of keeping Trout for his entire career.

Poll results illustrate the instant gratification society we live in.

I took the second option.  I wouldn't want to spend the next 4 summers watching a losing team.

i totally disagree. instant gratification doesn't even enter the conversation. the question boils down to, do you want to be consistently good or sometimes great? most people, including myself would prefer to watch occasional greatness rather than perpetual goodness.

The whole question is ridiculous anyway but really if a team wins their division and league pennant they're a pretty great team.  The WS is the cherry on top but for me it wouldn't be worth watching a terrible team for the next 3 years.

Let me explain. I went 12 years as a fan waiting for that AL West flag. 36 years for the World Series trophy. In between a whole lot of miserably bad years, a few playoffs and now a four year drought to get into the playoffs again. I don't want to wait 36 years between trophies, win the Damn thing now. I've been able to live with the aftermath of losing seasons, the Trophy takes the sting out of it.