• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rasmus

Torridd

I know we've been winning with him starting, but I'd like to know if you think this action is wise especially considering he only pitches about 3 innings.

I also think it's an unnecessary depletion of bullpen use. With the big lead we have I know we can afford to use them like this, but are you telling me we can't find a legitimate starter?

Moreover, with the expansion of the roster, wouldn't this be a good time to find someone who may be help us next season?

I don't really have an issue with the course of action.  Rasmus isn't being overused with all the rest between appearances and the September call ups have really helped soak up innings.  They will have all winter and ST next year to try to try to identify an in house SP option.

Depending on how things go in the postseason, it's possible we may see the team chase a pitcher this winter.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I think it is great.  Especially at this point with an expanded roster.  I even liked it over options like Colon and Feldman when the Angels had a much smaller lead.  Cory Rasmus has pitched well this year and the Angels bullpen is ridiculously deep.   Bedrosian and Pestano have been really good lately, and they are the 8th and 9th guys in the pen. Hell, Diaz has looked good.  What a difference a few months and a few moves can make. 

I know we've been winning with him starting, but I'd like to know if you think this action is wise especially considering he only pitches about 3 innings.

I also think it's an unnecessary depletion of bullpen use. With the big lead we have I know we can afford to use them like this, but are you telling me we can't find a legitimate starter?

Moreover, with the expansion of the roster, wouldn't this be a good time to find someone who may be help us next season?

I would rather they clinch before they experiment. Most of the call-up pitchers have not impressed.

You do know that the deadline for the waiver wire has past. We are what we are right now.

The strategy has worked, but I don't like it. What happens if one of the other four guys has to miss a start or two? We need to find another starter. The cushion is very large at this point so let's find someone who can give us 5 innings.

Or put another way, let's stop ignoring that we have an issue and prepare for the one we DO have - which is that we only have 4 pitchers capable of starting at the moment.

That's not true. 5 pitchers have been starting. This is how you dance with who brung you until everything is wrapped up. We should have 4 or 5 games to play with at the end if we keep winning.

This bullpen is ridiculous.

Even Herrera has come up big recently, starting with maybe one of the big catalysts of this 14-2 stretch: the double play ball with the bases loaded against the A'ths. That seemed to really deflate them.

The fact that Diazmania is like the 12th guy in that pen, filthy isn't a strong enough word to describe it. What is the pen's ERA since the ASB?

Heck, the number of inherited runs scoring, a huge issue back in April/May, is almost non-existent now.

Everyone feeds off one another in that pen.

As for Rasmus, stretch him out to 60-65 pitches over the next two starts. He's made around 50 pitches in 3 of his past 4 appearances all separated by the normal starters' rest.

Then he can relieve Nibs as early as the 2nd inning in October, if needed, and get the team into the 6th inning at least.

If Ruscinski is still throwing, he can take another starter's spot start, if needed.

Edited by Angel Oracle