• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols and Retirement

Biergott

"Dude I'm set."

Yeah he is, having earned $155 million over the course of his career so far. How much more does a person need? That money will keep his extended family wealthy for generations.

That said, he has almost another $200M left on his contract so it is hard to imagine him turning that down. From what he says, though, if he drops too far below his current "pretty good but not great" level, I could see him playing another 3-4 of those and then leaving a few years unplayed. Given his pride--and the fact that he's said this a couple times--I don't see him playing year after year hitting .240 with 15 HR. I think if he dips too far below .270, 25 HR he'll call it quits.

And think of how much he has given and raised for charities.  There are a lot of people who have better lives because he's been successful.  And think of how much he has given to the Federal government in terms of taxes, and how that benefits everyone to some degree in this country.  He's not just spending money on himself and his immediate family.

He already seems to have a rather deluded view on the sort of player he still is, so that concerns me a bit. Remember how upset he gets anytime he gets asked a question alluding to not really being that great anymore? That concerns me that he'll still be saying "I feel like I've still got it" after three seasons of a .650 OPS. But I hope I'm wrong. It'd be sad for baseball and dreadful for us if he keeps playing as he becomes more and more of a shell of his former self, whether that comes soon or whether that takes a few years.