• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread 9/2/14 Angels @ Astros

2002_halos_II

LF
2B
CF
DH
C
 Jason Castro (L)
3B
RF
1B
 J. Singleton (L)
SS

LAA: C.J. Wilson (L)  (10-8, 4.46)
HOU: Brad Peacock ®  (3-8, 5.13)

Boesch? Why?...this guy can't hit in the big leagues...let the kid O'malley play, efren...but boesch? :(

1.017 OPS and a .636 Slugging Pct gets you promoted into a starting lineup anywhere in the majors.

Of course, his previous appearances here were dreadful, but perhaps Scioscia feels this time will be different.

I dont wanna make a new thread about this but is Beckham that much better then Freese defensively at 3B?  He looks like he is, although he just made an error on a fairly routine play last Friday vs Oakland.  

Yes.  I know he's seemed less than impressive with the bat (he was brought in to crush in lefties and most of his contributions thus far have come against righties) but he's really been a pleasant surprise to me.  Granted, I've always liked the guy, but he's been able to get Freese off the field before the 8th inning without bringing in the offensive black hole that is Mcdonald and he's allowed a few people to get semi-rest days as DH while bringing above average defense.  He promptly made up for that error with a great play the next at-bat and has been solid defensively.

Frankly, while his overall stats haven't been great with the halos, he's come through in some high leverage situations and made the most of his opportunities.  He had that big home run and has 5 RBIs in just 7 games and 20 at bats.  Obviously, RBIs are dependent on others around you and the situations you come up in but when he has had those opportunities he's come through.  Considering what they got him for I think he's a good asset and a good flyer to take - you never know with ex-highly touted prospects like this when they might just suddenly find it.  It's not quite the same situation but Alex Gordon comes to mind.  I'm certainly not suggesting some revelation or epiphany followed by sudden stardom but I think with some different coaches and a change of scenery he might end up as a passable starter.

Edited by Link