• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buerhle, Dickey...

DMVol

If you're interested....

From MLB TradeRumors:

Placed On Revocable Waivers: Wednesday

The Blue Jays also placed knuckleballer R.A. Dickey on waivers on August 25th, Cafardo tweets. That means that he will either clear or have his claim awarded to a team at some point today. (Of course, that does not mean he will ultimately change hands.) Dickey is owed $12MM next year and comes with a $12MM club option ($1MM buyout) for 2016. He has not shown his Cy Young form since coming to Toronto, and owns a 4.11 ERA over 400 1/3 innings across the last two seasons.

Blue Jays starter Mark Buehrle has been placed on revocable waivers, according to a tweet from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. The 35-year-old lefty has had one of his finest seasons, posting a 3.41 ERA over 161 frames, but is guaranteed $19MM next year in the last season of his heavily backloaded four-year, $58MM contract. Toronto had figured to be a buyer for much of the year, and may well still hold onto its veteran pieces for next year, but now looks to be a longshot for the postseason after slipping back to .500. It is not clear precisely when Buehrle went on the wire.

For a more complete explanation of how revocable trade waivers and August trades work, check out MLBTR’s August Trades primer. You can also check out MLBTR’s list of players that have cleared revocable waivers to see who is eligible to be traded to any team.

Buerhle seems like a good acquisition on the surface, but there are a lot of risks and it's not like his age, contract, or pure stuff inspire much hope. Dickey could be interesting if the Blue Jays take on some of his salary and the return isn't anything too steep. I think Arte is serious about trying to stay underneath the luxury tax threshold though; which I can't wrap my head around. The penalty tax for going over the threshold, for first time violators, is 17.5% of the amount that overpasses the threshold ($189 million.) That's chump change for a near $200 million dollar payroll. Arte should suck it up and get the best players they can get. And I'm not talking about just now in the waiver period, but in the off-season too.